Riverview Inn Charlotte NC | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Riverview Inn Charlotte NC

Last post Dec 30, 2012 5:22 PM by Mhardin2 . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Riverview Inn Charlotte NC
    Does anyone have a recipe for the unique slaw served at Riverview Inn in Charlotte NC? Its an "old-fashioned" fishcamp sitting right on the Catawba River, and they serve a slaw that is anything but average. We moved 65 miles south of Charlotte years ago, but still make trips sometimes just to get a taste of their special slaw (even containers "to go". If anyone can help with a recipe, I will appreciate it forever. Thank You all!
    False
  • RE: Riverview Inn Charlotte NC
    I don't have the recipe but I know where I'll be eating next time I'm in Charlotte! I live in Columbia and am in Charlotte now and then visiting relatives. If I go to the Riverview, I'll definitely try out the cole slaw. Maybe we could put our heads together and come up with something close. Does it have blue cheese in it?
    False
    By the way, welcome to the Bulletin Board!
    False
    No Blue Cheese as far as I know, but I can assure you that will either really love the slaw or not like it at all, the taste for it is that extreme (& very vinegar-y) & thank you for the welcome :)
    False
    Welcome to the RECIPES BB, I know you'll love it here! Get comfortable, have fun, make friends, post some recipes, print some recipes! Stock up on paper and ink cartridges! LOL!

Here are 2 links that I hope you will use. Sorry they're not clickable links, but if you copy and paste them into your browser they will take you directly to interesting and useful information to make your BB experience easier and you'll get better results with your searching, requesting, posting, everything!

Have fun and come back soon!

~~susie.

ABBREVIATIONS:

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=206197&catnum=68&headnum=2

HINTS & TIPS:

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=187022&catnum=68&headnum=2

False

There is a cole slaw that is served at the Real Seafood Company in Toledo, Ohio that is one that I cannot get enough of. It is very "something"...either salty or vinegary...tart, I guess. It seems very simple and the best I've ever had (so far). I have tried to duplicate it and have come close but it's never quite the same. Can't wait until I'm in Charlotte next and try out "your" favorite and compare!!
    False
  • Re: Riverview Inn Charlotte NC
    I grew up going there and LOVE there slaw! I have come close using dukes mayo, white vinegar,salt and lots of pepper. I mix that up and taste to make sure if is strong enough, mix with cabbage and let it rest in fridge. It's pretty close.. I just keep trying it to get it just right. Unfortunately, Riverview closed a few weeks ago :-(
    False