OT: Help! Cleaning cigarette ash out of a light beige carpet | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT: Help! Cleaning cigarette ash out of a light beige carpet

Last post Sep 25, 2005 2:19 PM by grammyFL . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • OT: Help! Cleaning cigarette ash out of a light beige carpet
    My mom, the smoker, has done it again....does anyone have a good tip how to get cigarette ash stains out of a light colored carpet? Thank you!

And don't tell her to quit smoking in your responses...I've been smacked over my head for saying that to her enough in my life, lol!
    False
  • RE: OT: Help! Cleaning cigarette ash out of a light beige carpet
    bumping for others who might have a good idea.

Linda
    False
    bump

All I can think of is, did you you ever try the commerical stain remover that is in the stores near the rug doctor rentals that is for animal stains. Maybe it will remove cigarette stains?
    False
    We have a woodstove in our living room, and light beige carpet, also. At Christmas one year my ds went to stir the coals, and he flicked some out onto our carpet!!! I was HORRIFIED! My brilliant husband went out into the garage and found some light tan paint and painted over the burnt black specs. It worked like a charm and we do this now when those hot coals sometimes sputter out. Just dab it on with an artist paint brush, or q-tip. Hope this helps!
    False
    Sprinkle with baking soda and lightly mix in the ashes with your fingerpips. Let stand about 10 min. And vacumm. You may have to do this a couple of times, but I usually get my husbands ashes out of the carpet that way. And I know what you mean I've tried to get him to quit ever since I quit 4 years ago, to no avail.

I told him he could be buying his boat he always wanted with the money he spends on cigs. ??? Oh well maybe someday I hope.
    False
    Is is the black burn you get from a hot ash or the grey ash? I have heard the black spots can be trimmed out with a scissors.
    False

Diane

I don't have a solution, because it doesn't happen in my house. I have a sign in the kitchen that says" don't even think about smoking here". Nobody smokes in my house, no matter who they are. If they want to smoke on the porch, they are more than welcome to do that.
    False
    ~~ Brenda ~~