ISO: Rhodes- Texas White Rolls | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Rhodes- Texas White Rolls

Last post Jan 20, 2004 7:41 AM by Jaxon . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • ISO: Rhodes- Texas White Rolls
    Does anyone have a recipe similiar to TExas White Rolls made by Rhodes? My DH absolutely loves them, and I would love to be able to make them from scratch for him.
    False
  • RE: ISO: Rhodes- Texas White Rolls
    Bump
    False
    bump
    False
    I think these are even better than Rhodes!

Subject: Definitive Buttery Roll Recipe to end the confusion!
    Posted by: kathyf Replies: 11 Posted on: 1/21/2003 1:11:08 PM
    #T130372
    Hi friends!

I have seen there have been lots of requests and great reviews for the buttery rolls - I am so glad you all like them but I saw that one of the posts must have recopied the recipe incorrectly and the amounts were incorrect so I am posting this again from scratch (pun intended!) with as many tips as possible so it might answer all your questions and get the correct recipe to the folks who have asked for it. Thanks, Kathy

Buttery Rolls (bread machine recipe)

1 cup lukewarm milk
    1/2 cup butter, softened not melted
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    4 cups bread flour
    2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast

In bread machine pan put all ingredents in as suggested by your manufacturer. (For mine its the warm milk, softened butter and eggs on the bottom with the flour, sugar, salt and yeast on top with the yeast being the last ingredient added) When you have added all the ingredients choose the dough cycle - mine takes 90 minutes start to finish. When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 24 equal size portions. Shape each roll by rolling them into balls in your hands. To make small rolls as I do, spray a 13 x 9 baking pan with pam and place all 24 rolls in the pan (yes its a lot and they all just fit) If you want larger rolls, do just as above but use two 13 x 9 sprayed pans. Cover pan(s) and let rise in a warm place 15-30 minutes. If you want them higher or larger let rise longer. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for approx 15 minutes or until golden brown. makes 2 dozen
    False
    Jaxon,
    Thanks for the recipe, however, I don't have a bread machine. Will this recipe still work if I do it by hand? I may have to talk my husband into getting me one!
    False
    Here's Pat's instructions on making them by hand:

Posted by: PatPitter Replies: 5 Posted on: 2/23/2003 1:35:53 PM #T145631 OMG! Yum, yum, yum.
    I've never made yeast rolls before sometimes yeast bread works for me and sometimes not.

I do NOT have a bread machine. I heated the milk and butter to around 110°F, then added the yeast. Then I mixed in the other ingredients. Kneaded the dough about 5 minutes until elastic. Let rise for 1 hour. Divided into rolls, put in pan and let rise for 30 minutes.

Hope that helps, but a bread machine is really nice to have around. I use mine more often to just make dough like this than I do baking the bread all the way through.
    False