Moist tender pot roast | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Moist tender pot roast

Last post Jan 19, 2004 2:13 PM by HDMac_WA . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Moist tender pot roast
    I like to make my beef pot roasts in the crockpot (for ease and time). Does anyone have any tips or recipes for keeping the roast moist and tender, and keeping it from drying out?

Thanks,
    Laura
    False
    But Martha was distracted with much serving...
  • RE: Moist tender pot roast
    I just put mine in the oven at 250 degrees for the day. I sprinkle it with Lipton Onion Soup Mix, than add 2 cups water, cover with foil. It's the best!
    False
    Brown it first in a skillet on all sides. This keeps the juices in. Yummy good!
    False
    I cook it all day in the crocpot with a cup of beef broth and some onions. I like to add some Gravy Aid(it is like Kitchen Bouquet but I like it better). I usuall turn it half way through.
    False
    Use Cubbybear's recipe:

To Die for Crock Pot Roast

1 beef roast, any kind (I used bottom round)
    1 pkg Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
    1 pkg brown gravy mix
    1 pkg Italian dressing mix
    1/2 c warm water

Place roast in crockpot. Mix all three mixes together & sprinkle over roast. Pour water in the bottom of the crock pot. Cook on low 6-7 hours.

Tip: After cooking taste the gravy, you may want to add more water. We poured the gravy in a skillet added more water to taste and cooked it until heated through.

The roast came very tender and the gravy was delicious.

THIS IS A TRIED & TRUE RECIPE by many of us on the BB! You just have to try it. And I don't think that I've officially welcomed you to the group.

~Tina :-)

False
    ~Tina :-)
    Thank you! I Will try this.
    False
    But Martha was distracted with much serving...
    Definitely make Cubbybears To Die for Roast. Always moist and always juicy! Just had it yesterday only I cooked it in the oven... You can't go wrong.

Another never go wrong recipe is one can each of cream of mushroom, cream of chicken and french onion. :) Both in the oven and in the crockpot. Both recipes work for pork roast, also.
    False

Please come visit my blog. http://hdmcfar.blogspot.com/ Christmas countdown banner

April Fools Day countdown banner