ISO: Chef BoyArdee Pizza Sauce Clone | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Chef BoyArdee Pizza Sauce Clone

Last post Sep 29, 2005 8:50 AM by Redraspberrygirl . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • ISO: Chef BoyArdee Pizza Sauce Clone
    I've had a lot of different pizza sauce over the years, but none of them (to me) compare to good old Chef BoyArdee brand. It brings back the memories of when I was young and my brother would bring home Chef BoyArdee pizza mixes by the case. My Mom, sister and her friends would bake pizzas for hours during the day, then they would have a "Sock Hop" in our basement using my Dad's old DJ equipment and 45's.
    It's not always easy to find this sauce around here and when I do find it I stock up.
    Has anyone ever found a clone recipe that tastes just like it?

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
  • RE: ISO: Chef BoyArdee Pizza Sauce Clone
    http://www.hometownfavorites.com/shop/candy_cat.asp?c=36&p=1&id=277&newp=

John,Here's a web site where you can order it in the cans.Sorry I can't fine a clone for you.I love that stuff too

Margie
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    Here is a clone I found, I haven't personally tried it, but it was under 'Chef 'BoyArdee Pizza Sauce??

Ingredients:
    2 cans tomato sauce
    2 cans water
    1/4 teaspoon oregano
    1/4 teaspoon thyme
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    3/4 cup sugar
    salt, to taste
    1 small box spaghetti, broken in bits

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except pasta in saucepan. Simmer for 45 minutes. Cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 5-7 minutes and drain well.

Place half-cooked pasta in tomato sauce and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked. You can also make miniature meatballs and cook them with the sauce.

Recipe URL:
    http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/57/Chef_RoyRDee58659.shtml
    False
    Ingredients:
    2 cans tomato sauce
    2 cans water
    1/4 teaspoon oregano
    1/4 teaspoon thyme
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    3/4 cup sugar
    salt, to taste
    1 small box spaghetti, broken in bits

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except pasta in saucepan. Simmer for 45 minutes. Cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 5-7 minutes and drain well.

Place half-cooked pasta in tomato sauce and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked. You can also make miniature meatballs and cook them with the sauce.

False
    Thank you Margie! So nice to hear from you. How've you been?

Cooking4max... Is this a clone? It sounds a lot like a pasta sauce. Where did it come from?

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    John,

Im sorry to report this to you. I buy the Chef Boy Ardee pizza kits because I love the Crust. BUT I throw out the pizza sauce. *Blush* I make it at least once a week, so If you would Like, I can save the cans of sauce for you and send them to you when I get a box full. Let Me Know.

Tink!
    False
    Always treat people they way you want to be treated. ~Tink~
    Hi Tink!
    I'd be more than happy to pay you for the shipping costs for the sauce if all you're doing is throwing it away. We go through lots of pizza sauce making hobo pizzas around the campfire at our place up north on the lake. If you email me I'll give you my address for when you get some saved up.

m_wolverine_mi at hotmail.com

Thank you,
    John
    False

John

John

John I did a search at recipezaar and they said it was a clone of Chef BoyArdee sauce. That's all I know.
    Sorry

Looks like Tink is taking care of you anyway.
    False
    I appreciate your help Cooking4max. I have all the ingredients on hand to try the sauce that you posted, so I'll give it a try next time we make pizzas.
    Thank you

John
    False

John

John

Your welcome. I really hope it does taste like it. I like that brand best also. Thank God I can buy it at our local store. Let me know if it taste's like it in case I run out and need some in a pinch.
    Thanks
    Dena
    False
    John see if it is easy for you to find this brand..it seems to taste like the one you're looking for.

You may need to see in health food stores for it also, I believe it's an organic type :o)

Muir Glen Pizza Sauce

Bronte
    False
    oops duh, I forgot to give you a link for them

http://www.muirglen.com/muirglen/default.asp
    False
    Hi Bronte!
    It's SO nice to see you pop up on one of my posts. I've written the name of the sauce down and will start a telephone search for it tomorrow.
    Thanks my friend.

John
    False

John

John

Wow,

Had no idea Chef Boy Are Dee Pizza sauce had such a "cult following"-I know what you mean though, John. LOVE IT. And, up until a few years ago could by it by the can at Kroger. The only way I make "homemade" pissa is with the Chef Boy Ar Dee "kits". Can you believe that darned Tink "dissing" our sauce? LOL LOL

See that someone already supplied you w./ the website where you can buy or Tink will send you her "castoffs".

DM
    False
    LOL....Im not dissin the sauce. Heh...well okay I guess I am. BUT the CBA Pizza Kits are the bestest in the world. They used to sell the crust seperately, but they only sell it in kits now. Comes with the sauce and cheese too. Now I havent tasted that sauce in a LONG time, but I buy the pizza quick sauce to suit our tastes! Plus I like extra saucy pizza's and one can just isnt enough for my taste. So...Ill stop rattling now and John...Youve got mail!

Tink!
    False
    Always treat people they way you want to be treated. ~Tink~