dehydrated eggplant | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

dehydrated eggplant

Last post Jul 09, 2006 12:01 PM by tawney112 . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • dehydrated eggplant
    I had an overabundance of many veggies this year, and we're dehydrating most of them after our canning is done. Anyone have any recipes using dehydrated eggplant? I was thinking I could probably rehydrate and then use in eggplant parmesan, but wasn't sure if anyone else has done this, or had other ideas. Thanks!
    False
  • RE: dehydrated eggplant
    Hi Tawny~I've never heard of or seen dehydrated eggplant, so I'm really not sure how that would work myself. Here's a bump though to page one, in case someone else has info!!

You can always make your eggplant parm. and freeze it for later use...That's one idea if the dehydrator doesn't work.

Amy
    False

Sorry I cannot help either. I didn't want you to think anyone was ignoring your post, though. I think it may be that none of us has an answer...
    False
    Hi Tawny~Well, I did a search online, and you can dehydrate eggplant...It says it takes 4-8 hours. One site said something about using the dried eggplant slices as a crust for pizza! Neat idea~You might do an internet search to see if you can then rehydrate them; I think they become chewier. Sounds kind of neat. One site talked about them being served in France. Great question!

Amy
    False

I had posted this question quite a while ago - and just in case anyone was wondering...

I dehydrated a bunch of eggplant last fall, then rehydrate it when i want to cook with it. It ends up being a little chewier, but I use it just like I would fresh and I think it still tastes great (we make a lot of eggplant parmigiana). So, if you ever have a ton of eggplant, dehydrating works well. :)
    False