How long does worcestershire sauce last? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long does worcestershire sauce last?

Last post Oct 13, 2005 10:50 PM by Conloo . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • How long does worcestershire sauce last?
    I was cleaning out my fridge and throwing away condiments that were expired. I have worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and soy sauce that don't have an expiration date but they have probably been in there a couple of years. Should I throw them out?
    Laurie
    False
  • RE: How long does worcestershire sauce last?
    I think they would be fine. I don't even keep my worchestershire sauce or soy sauce in the fridge. I use worchestershire any time I grill so it doesn't last long but soy sauce usually lasts a year or two in my cabinet.
    False
    I think they would be fine. I don't even keep my worchestershire sauce or soy sauce in the fridge. I use worchestershire any time I grill so it doesn't last long but soy sauce usually lasts a year or two in my cabinet.
    False
    I don't keep any of the sauces you mentioned in the refrigerator, and I don't believe restaurants do either. I know a lot of people keep ketchup in the fridge, but that isn't necessary, either.

As far as expiration date: I checked both my bottles of worcesterhsire, and they have expiration dates, probably due to the corn syrup content which can likely go rancid over time (2 years). Your best bet is to call the 800 number on the side of the bottle (hopefully, there is a numeber listed). You can tell when hot sauce is beyond its prime when it looks cloudy and darker then normal - but because it is mostly vinegar and peppers, it has a longer shelf life.

Good Luck!
    False
    Well, I never knew that these didn't have to be refridgerated. I don't know why I thought they did; I guess that's just what I've always done. Thanks for the info!
    Laurie
    False
    I keep worcestershire in the frig, I never worry about a pull date for that or soy sauce, both seem to have a very long shelf life. Have never had any go bad on me, even after a couple years. I guess I'm from the old school I keep all condiments in the frig, my friend she checks the label and if it doesn't say refrigerate after opening, she just keeps it on the shelf. Judy
    False

IN GOD WE TRUST

Forever and a day.
    False
    My Mother never used Worcestershire, and when I got married and found a recipe that contained it, I had no idea what it would taste like. It was good in the Stroganoff I made, but being a novice cook, I didn't use much of it and I know my first bottle lasted over 5 years, maybe even longer. Not refrigerated either.
    False