HELP! How to get grease (oil) out of jeans | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HELP! How to get grease (oil) out of jeans

Last post Oct 19, 2005 6:23 AM by dado5 . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • HELP! How to get grease (oil) out of jeans
    My daughter got grease (car type grease) on her favorite jeans. She came home and sprayed Shout on them and washed them in warm water and the spots are still there. Is there anything that can be done now that they have been washed?

Thanks for all your help,

Brad
    False
  • RE: HELP! How to get grease (oil) out of jeans
    Husband always gets clothes oily, greasy anytime he is working on farm machinery. If you haven't dried them it will be easier. There is a product called greased lightening. You can use that on jeans, also I have had luck using spray N' Wash and Fast Orange (Its a waterless handcleaner). Spray with the spray N wash then rub in the fast orange (you can even rub it in with an old toothbrush). Then rewash.
    Good luck
    Debbie
    False
    not sure about that type of grease... for cooking oil/grease stains, use Dawn dishwashing detergent!
    False
    I would try Fels Naptha soap. It's a bar of soap that you can find in the laundry aisle. It takes out most anything, but you'll have to scrub.
    Try looking for it in the oldest grocery store you have in your town. I don't think Wal-Mart carries it, because it isn't something people think to use a lot these days.
    It sure works, though.

I think KansasDebb's ideas were great, too.
    False
    You can try an aerosol spray called Oops! I can't remember where I found it, but you could look in the home repair/automotive section of Walmart. Sometimes they have cleaners there. This product has been a lifesaver! Yesterday I noticed some grease on DH's slacks as I went to hang them up (after they'd been washed and dried!). The Oops! spray took most of the grease out. I need to retreat them today to try to get the rest. I honestly thought those pants were gone, but they are looking great. The can says it is made by Homax products and gives the website www.homaxproducts.com. I hope this helps!

Jennifer
    False
    I believe I read somewhere that if you add a can of Coke to the wash....or I have found help by "Googling".... Kathy
    False
    Lestoil. It is made specifically for any type of grease...it works wonders. Its in the laundry aisle of most markets. The smell is a little strong....but its worth it. My husband works in a bacon processing plant as a maintenance tech and his clothes are literally saturated with oil/grease when he comes home. Lestoil goes into every one of those loads. Hope this helps.

Tink!
    False
    Always treat people they way you want to be treated. ~Tink~
    Use Murphy's Oil Soap on the spots, wash in the hottest water you use to wash them. Rememer that oil (grease) releases oil(grease). Good luck!
    False
    I use Dawn dishsoap - works great!
    False
    I spray my DH's clothes with Goo Gone. Walmart also carries a cheaper version called De-Solv-It, which works equally as well. They're both found in the cleaning aisle. My DH always has tar on his clothes and it takes it out everytime.
    False
    Thanks for all the great ideas. I found some stuff called OXICLEAN stain remover and at the auto parts store I bought Citrus Cleaner. I sprayed the jeans with the Oxiclean first and let it soak then sprayed the Citrus cleaner and then washed. It worked great. No spots or discoloration. I only regret that I should have used one at a time to see which did the trick.

Thanks again for all your ideas.

Brad
    False