Zasu Pitts Candy Hits - Coffee Fudge | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Zasu Pitts Candy Hits - Coffee Fudge

Last post Jan 21, 2004 3:53 PM by Dianae . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • Zasu Pitts Candy Hits - Coffee Fudge
    Here is the last recipe in my "series." I hope everyone found something they liked!

Demitasse Sweets (or Coffee Fudge)

3 cups sugar
    1 cup milk
    1/2 cup light cream
    2 Tbsp. instant coffee
    1 Tbsp. light corn syrup
    dash of salt
    3 Tbsp. butter
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/2 cup semi-sweet choc. chips
    1/2 cup broken pecans

Butter sides of heavy 3-qt. saucepan. In it combine sugar, milk, light cream, instant coffee, corn syrup and salt. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, till sugar is all dissolved and mixture comes to boiling. Ten cook to 234 degrees, stirring only if necessary. Immediately remove from heat; add butter and cool to lukewarm (110 degrees) WITHOUT stirring. Add vanilla. Beat birorously til fudge becomes very thick and starts to lose its glass. At that moment, stir in choc. chips and pecans. Quickly spread in a buttered shallow pan or small platter. Score in quears while warm, and if desired, top each with a pecan half. Cut when firm. Store in airtight container. This is delightful with after-dinner coffee.

THE END!

Diana
    False
  • RE: Zasu Pitts Candy Hits - Coffee Fudge
    Thanks Dianae! I have copied all of them. They all sound great. Thanks again for doing this.
    False
    You are so welcome! I have enjoyed sharing them! Was just reading your post and my typo up above caught my eye...cut in "quarters" no "quears!" LOL
    False
    Got em all! Thanks Dianae! Its been fun and it was very sweet of you to do this!!!
    False
    My pleasure Jackie. I may have to make this one soon. My family loves all things coffee...I guess the influence of 2 years in Rhode Island. Coffee Milk is their State drink! LOL

Diana
    False
    I read all of your posts with interest, and I thank you for your effort in typing them all in! You are a peach!
    False
    Thanks for your posts, they are great.
    How many of the kids on this board do you think know who Zasu Pitts was? LOL

ck2mom
    False
    NONE!!!!
    False
    NOW my kids do! LOL
    False
    Okay, my apologies...found another spell check error! You beat the fudge "VIGOROUSLY!!!!" LOL
    False