In search of pork cutlet (cube steak) recipes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

In search of pork cutlet (cube steak) recipes

Last post Oct 23, 2005 8:15 PM by avidcookGA . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • In search of pork cutlet (cube steak) recipes
    Can you share your favorite pork cutlets recipes? You know the ones that are cut just like beef cube steak? I make country fried steak with mine, but need some variety...Thanks in advance...
    False
  • RE: In search of pork cutlet (cube steak) recipes
    I made this last week. First I seasoned the pork cutlets with garlic pepper blend. Then I browned both sides in a non-stick skillet sprayed with Pam. After they were well browned I removed them from the skillet and added a can of mushroom stems & pieces and package of mushroom gravy mix. I added enough water to make the gravy the consistency I wanted. Then I put the cutlets back in and let them simmer (covered)in the gravy for about 20 minutes. They were really good served with mashed potatoes. You do have to be careful not to add any extra salt as the gravy mixes are usually very salty.

I think they are also good seasoned, browned and then simmered in the coke and catsup combination that is used a lot.

Sue

Sue
    False
    I do mine just like Sue, but with a twist...I pour half a cup of very strong coffee over the mixture. This makes a rich dark nutty flavored gravy. One time I didn't use the coffee and DH REALLY noticed. This is also good over chicken.
    My friends mother invented this twist. It was an accident, she spilled the coffee on the dish that was made, ready to go into the oven. She said oh well, and cooked it anyway.We all think it is pretty funny, and maybe the kitchen fairy nudged her elbow.
    False
    Dredge them in flour. Brown them in a little canola oil. Place in crockpot. Mix some dried garlic and dried onion flakes, a package of brown gravy mix; one cup coke and some dry red wine. Pour over meat and let cook on low for 4-5 hours.

They will be fork tender. You can thicken the gravy if need be with some cornstarch or flour.

Kathy♥
    False
    Dredge the pork cutlet in seasoned flour and fry until just done.
    Pour enough spaghetti sauce into a baking dish to cover the bottom of the dish well, place the cutlets on top, spoon about a tablespoon of sauce on the cutlet and then place either grated or sliced mozzarella cheese on top. Sprinkle with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese if you have it. If not thats ok too.
    Place in a 350º oven until heated through and the cheese is melted.
    I serve over pasta. Very good.

Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Crockpot country style steak

4-6 Cube Steak
    1 Pack brown gravy mix
    1 pack lipton onion soup mix
    Enough water to cover.Brown steaks in a little oil,then add to crockpot and add the other ingredients. and cook on low for 5-6 hours.Serve with rice are mash potatoes.
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    I'll bet this recipe would be great using the pork cutlets you are talking about. This is my very favorite way to cook pork chops. Here is the recipe and story of its invention that I posted quite a while ago. It has gotten lots of good reviews.
    PORK CHOPS AND GRAVY

One night I made this up using ingredients I had on hand and it was delicious. The pork chops were moist and the gravy was very flavorful. My dh said it is a definite keeper. I served it with mashed potatoes. Yummy. I have since made these a once a week meal. The gravy is great and sometimes we have it over rice instead of the mashed potatoes

4 pork chops (mine were thick & boneless)
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 package dry pork gravy mix
    1 soup can water
    1/2 onion chopped

Dredge pork chops in flour. Fry in hot skillet with 1 Tbsp. oil for 3-4 minutes per side until brown. I sprinkled salt, pepper, on each side of the pork chops as they fried. Remove browned chops to a plate. In same skillet slightly cook the onions, scraping up any stuck on bits from the pork chops. Stir in the soup, dry gravy mix, and can of water. Stir until all is well mixed and boiling. Place the pork chops back in the pan in the gravy. Cover with a lid and reduce hit to low. Let these simmer until tender, at least 20 minutes. They can simmer longer depending on thickness of the pork chops. I let mine simmer for 30 minutes, the time it took me to peel, cook, and mash the potatoes. This is so easy and so delicious. You've just gotta try it. Also great with rice instead of potatoes.
    False