What brand canned chicken broth is the best? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What brand canned chicken broth is the best?

Last post Jan 22, 2004 6:54 PM by Dimps44IN . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • What brand canned chicken broth is the best?
    I usually make my own, but wanted to buy some canned for lazy days. I have tried College Inn but I am wondering if there are any better ones out there? Thank you!
    Dimps
    False
  • RE: What brand canned chicken broth is the best?
    Dimps, I like Sweet Sue brand. It is cheaper than Swanson's, although I do buy Swanson's when it is on sale for $.50 a can.

Jeanie
    False
    Most of the time, I use my own homemade broth, too. I freeze it in 1/2 C & 1 C containers. But when I get the canned, I go for the store brand (IE--Kroger, Meijer). They are just as good as the name brands, but much less expensive!! :)
    False
    Swanson...

False
    I use Kitchen Basics. It has no additives like MSG. It comes in a box like boxed drinks.
    False
    I second Kitchen Basics. It tastes close to homemade. Check labels and you'll see salt is high on the list in many canned broths. Not this brand. It is in a carton, not a can. I guarantee you will be hooked.
    False
    That is a good question...kind of like asking, "What kind of wine is best?" The answer is simple: The one you like the best.
    False
    I use the Swanson brand, Less salt! I can also get it in 8 oz. containers, so I do not have to have left overs..
    False
    I use Swanson's 'Natural Goodness' chicken broth. It's their reduced sodium version and it does not contain MSG. However, all other varieties of Swanson's broth do contain it.

Dawn
    False
    I keep all the Watkins soup and gravy mixes on hand and use them a lot. Especially the chicken. It's in powdered form and you just add water or mix into whatever your making. Best flavor of any I've tried.
    False
    I always use the swanson natural goodness: less fat and way less sodium. we like it
    False
    Thanks everyone! I haven't seen Kitchen Basics in my area. I will check Wal-Mart.
    Dimps
    False