Can I freeze homemade Cinnamon Rolls? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can I freeze homemade Cinnamon Rolls?

Last post Nov 01, 2005 1:42 PM by Wida . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Can I freeze homemade Cinnamon Rolls?
    Hi! I don't post on the boards a lot, but I have a question today. I am traveling for Thanksgiving and I have to make several items to take to the family. Can I make cinnamon rolls and freeze them for 1-2 weeks? Thank you all in advance.
    False
  • RE: Can I freeze homemade Cinnamon Rolls?
    I wish I had an answer!!

I want to try to freeze them while they are in the dough stage like they have in the stores and then you take them home and let them rise & bake! If anyone knows how to do that, I would love to know!
    False
    yes you can. After you have filled and shaped your rolls, put them in the pan and wrap in plastic wrap and freeze them. If you want them for breakfast I would take them out of the freezer the night before and let them rise in the fridge overnight and then maybe leave them on the counter while you warm up your oven.
    False
    I freeze them all the time after they have been baked and frosted. Just freeze in air tight containers. Then you can take one or two out and nuke them. I have never had a problem with them.

Eaner
    False
    I have frozen them unbaked as well as baked and iced rolls. Both turn out awesome! When you don't have time to let them sit on the counter to warm up and rise, you will not be disappointed just freezing the already baked and iced rolls. I usually thaw them overnight.
    False
    The first of Dec. I bake them in a glass pyrex cake pan and while still warm wrap them tightly, pan and all. When cool enough freeze. I bring them out Christmas Eve to thaw for breakfast. Have done this for twenty years without a problem. Works for Kuchen too. Last year used the new glad press and seal, and got a really airtight package.
    False
    funny you should ask. My friend made me 2 pans for the 4th of July and we only used one. Just yesterday morning, I got out the other pan and let them warm on the counter. They were as fresh as homemade.

False
    My mom used to do this all the time. She was famous for her carmel cinnamon rolls. She hosted after church coffee for family every Sunday and always had several pans of these on hand. What she did is bake and invert them onto a board or rack to cool. She'd scoop up any of the carmel mixture that dripped off and spread back on rolls. Then when cool she put them carmel side up back in a clean cake pan and cover tightly with foil. She took them out to thaw the night before using and warmed them briefly in the overn before serving. They were almost as good as right out of the oven. Miss mom and those rolls!
    False
    Thank you all! I am making a bunch of pies for Thanksgiving and thought that Cinnamon rolls would be good for breakfast. I just didn't know if I could do that much baking in a short time to keep everything fresh, so I was going to make the cin. rolls in advance and freeze them to concentrate on the pies. Thanks again!
    False