Can you freeze apple cider? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can you freeze apple cider?

Last post Nov 06, 2005 11:30 PM by pabby . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Can you freeze apple cider?
    I bought 3 gallons of apple cider. I was expecting a large crowd yesterday and not everyone came. The mothers didn't want to children to drink too much apple cider because of obvious reasons. I still have some of the first gallon left.

Do you think that freezing it would change the taste or hurt it? Since I'll be having a house full for Thanksgiving I thought saving a gallon would be great.

What do you think?

Jan
    False
  • RE: Can you freeze apple cider?
    Yes you can. I know people who freeze it for summer time.
    False
    Photobucket
    Pour into Dixie cups, cover with plastic wrap, stick a popsicle stick in, freeze and enjoy!
    False
    Wow, people freeze it until summer. I would have never guessed. I loved the idea of putting it in dixie cups and putting a popsicle stick in it. Apple cider sicles. I love it.

Thanks,
    Jan
    False
    I know an apple producer who does this. They make up apple cider about once a month, then freeze it and sell it at the farmers' market on the weekends...
    False
    I personally have not done it but my aunt used to all the time. She had a spare freezer in the basement. But you have to allow room for the expansion. So you have to take some out of the other gallons for when it turns to ice.
    False

Diane

I freeze about 6 gallons of cider a year, it is great to take out later in the year when it isn't in season and tastes just as good. Pour out one cup per gallon to allow for expansion.
    False
    If I knew it would have been so easy I would have bought more. I got such a great buy. It was only $1 a gallon and it's delicious. I probably wouldn't have had room for more in the freezer. I think I'll freeze both of the gallons. I'll pull one out for Thanksgiving.

Thanks everyone!
    Jan
    False
    I have frozen apple cider for years but absolutely pour a little out to allow for expansion or you will have a mess in your freezer. Speaking from experience, of course. Some things I just had to learn from experience.

False