***PCH...Mon. Nov. 7*** | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

***PCH...Mon. Nov. 7***

Last post Nov 08, 2005 1:10 AM by Ruth_MO . 22 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 12
  • ***PCH...Mon. Nov. 7***
    On behalf of all of us here at the PCH Kitchen, we thank you for joining us! Around our kitchen table, we encourage and draw strength from one another as we become motivated by seeing how others take care of themselves dealing with physical challenges.

So lets gather around the kitchen table and share. Share our problems, our methods for overcoming and maybe a good recipe or two.

Stroll through our entries like a walk in a garden. Pick those things you like, leave something of yourself behind for others to enjoy. Enjoy your walk through our garden kitchen.
    ¢¾
    False
  • RE: ***PCH...Mon. Nov. 7***
    Good morning all! Foggy and cool today. I'm ready to go back to bed, don't know what's going on with all this sleeping. Hope everyone is doing well today and is more ambitious than me. Will check back later.

d.
    False
    Good Morning, or what's left of mine since it's after 11.Waking up daily at 6 or so makes long mornings.Last night I was trying to watch that movie about Day 7 or some such and at 10:15 felt like I could go to sleep in my chair and I thought no way.I hiked off to bed-didn't even read.I did a lot of work yesterday but that seems like the first time in forever I was so tired.I did record the other-Live Debate with Alan Alda and Jimmy Smits and then Law and Order after, to watch today.Dateline was on 1/2 hour before it started and were showing vans with side-impact crashes and that set me off crying about my son, so turned it off and got busy with something else.I fast-forwarded it so it's over.Usually I can watch those investigations but something must be on my mind.
    Tomorrow I'll be visiting friends at 2 different homes and taking the Christmas in Vermont bread (like a yeast coffeecake) to split between them all, except for the 2 pieces out of it for me.I posted my revisions on that post this morning.
    It seems like Mondays most everyone is chatting about anything and everything except recipes.I already bumped up 2 different new posters looking for the same kinds of cakes and they've been ignored. I'll wait till tomorrow to post again.
    Since it's been a couple of days since I wrote here, thought I'd better stop by.Hope you all are doing okay.I have a bag of Butter Rum Lifesavers.Here's a handful for each of you, along with a big hug.Linda.
    False
    Hey Dee and Lin.

Dee...sounds like your body is telling you it needs time to heal. You just take this time and listen to it and sleep, you have been thru a bunch, lil girl, and believe it or not---despite what the outfit says---you are NOT Super Woman.....*G*.

Lin, I'm sorry the TV show brought back bad memories. They do come back when we least expect them, don't they? And we never are quite prepared for them.
    I saw the bread recipe and copied it off..it sounds wonderful. I am wanting to get a few items from the Baker's Catalog so hopefully I'll get to make this for the holidays.

Hello to everyone. Hope it is a good day for all.

I am off to the grocery when my girl wakes up. She seems to be doing well, but I'll know more tomorrow as she has a vet appointment....*nervously biting nails*

Take care.....:)
    False
    Back on page 8, are we alone?I thought there were more in this group, or do you all sleep till noon?Do you know it's after 3 at my house?I got my laundry finished and did the 100 Christmas cards too.I'm retired for this day.
    False
    Good Day in the Kitchen. Rain has held off so far. Today was shower day and emptying in the house waste baskets but I am here usual time.

Linda thanks for Butter rum ls. You got a lot done this morning.

Hello to Dee and Lisa and the rest of PCHers.

Hope the day goes well for everyone. ^j^
    False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Good afternoon Dee, Linda, Lisa, Deery and to all others that drop in today.

Well its summer time in Texas again. 84º and climbing. So sure glad the shorts was not packed away. :>)

Dee I agree with Lisa, your body must need the extra rest and sleep so would do just that. And enjoy crawling back between the covers or napping in that new chair.

Linda I had intended on watching that movie Day 7 and ended up getting in on the last part. So was not sure what was going on. Will give it another try next Sun. Found your recipe for the Christmas in Vermont Bread and copied it off as well along with your later posts. Sounds sooo good, know that Bill will enjoy as well. He loves coffee cake and other sweet breads.

Lisa will be wishing your little girl good luck with her appointment at the vets tomorrow. Know that your tender loving care will have helped her alot!

Deery its good to see you this afternoon. Tomorrow is our empty all the small trash cans day. Thats when we have our once a week trash pick up. Of course we manage to fill the one in the kitchen daily. Told DH we are trashy. LOL

Kinda glad that our weather has turned back warm. The onery arm and hip are giving me fits again and cold really gets to them.

Will try to peek in later.

Hugs,
    Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Nancy...I always say we are "trashy" people, too...LOL.
    I'm sure sorry that you are husting again, that is just no fun. Tjank goodness you have warm weather, though, the cold would sure make it even worse, I should think.

Charli is sure under the weather...I talked to her for just a sec today...wouldn't have recognized that "man" if I hadn't known who it was *G*.
    Sorry Charli---had to say that! :D

Lin, I had asked the other day, but don't know if you say it...did you ever find the chocolate box mold you were looking for??

Wonder how the ballet auditions went??

Oops...the mister just wakled in the door. Gotta go...

BBL.....Ü
    False
    LOL.....sorry about ALL the typos...I didn't proof it because DH came in...teach me to have my head turned by a cute...er...face! :D
    False
    Yes, Lisa, I found several ideas and all were way too much work for me right now.
    She will be making all kinds of goodies for the holidays, so it's not like she'll be deprived.
    A mold, (from my cake decorating shop) would more than likely be way too much for a one-time use.
    I have a boxed set of forms to use for making gingerbread houses, and I've not once given thought to doing that yet.And it was a real bargain-50 cents, and it is large pieces, not those dinky little house from Figi's and Swiss Colony.
    Probably requires 5 pounds of flour to make all the pieces and I'm really not up for that kind of job.By the time I'd start the 3rd. batch, the first ones would be stale or I'd eat them!
    I'll leave it as my legacy, along with all my cookie and canape cutters.I have a big tray full of paste colors and decors and flavorings.Glad that stuff doesn't get old very fast.

Well nothing else much here, not that that was either, but thought I'd better answer since you said you'd asked before.lol.Sure hope your back is better, Nancy.Mine is; I'd needed to get in bed last night on my memory foam and get it rested.I also have the pillow.That put an end to my neck hurting at all.If my back gets bad enough, I use a heated vibrating massage mat or heating pad, if the hot water in my big tub doesn't work.

Please send me a list of addresses when you do the Christmas cards.I saw either 2 or 3 from here on the 100 list.Ruth and Connie.My mind is gone.I just realized I forgot to call my doctor for re-exam on the wound and need 2 scrips filled also.Tomorrow's a better day...
    False
    Hi Nancy, sounds nice for you to have summer return:)

Sorry to hear Charli isn't sounding too good:(

My mind is on the Vermont Bread. Ha!

21 pieces of mail today. Mostly catalogs. Lots of goodies catalogs that make me salivate before tossing in recycle.

False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

Hi everyone,catching up this evening,I have been outside playing today,nope Linda, this is an early riser here.hehe.Up after 4 am this morning,had a cake in the oven by 6:30, I used the matic and dug two big holes today and planted 2 pear trees, still have 2 more to go. Maybe tomorrow, one hole had tree roots growing across, my right elbow is aching this evening. I whacked at a couple azelia bushed today, they had gotten way out of hand, this way I can get under them and feed them food.My butt is hitting the floor this evening,I used my PC and fixed dinner in it and fixed a bag of pasta secrets and that is what we had for dinner.DH thinks it was a good investment.hehe. Nancy,I am in shorts as well again, and my air is on, feels good when I come in from working in the yard.I haven't gotten my cards started yet, I bought them over the weekend,but that is it.Purchased 4 pear trees, all different so surely they will pollenate.D, what is going on with your tests you are having? Sounds like you just need to stay hunkered down and curled up for a while lady.Lisa I hope Tippers test goes well tomorrow too.Those not feeling well, get well soon.Deery send us some more cool weather. Well maybe not just yet, hey I have squash coming on my plants! And actually a couple tomatoes, not sure how big they will get, but I am excited anyway. See you all tomorrow, have sweet dreams and a restful night. Hugs, Connie
    False
    Hey Connie.It doesn't get really cold down there, does it? I thought it was pretty much like FL, where I was raised as a youngster.Do you have creepy-crawlies, or are you not in the tropics?
    Before my mom died, I visited her a couple of times in Sarasota and one morning I went to the kitchen and nearly died.The biggest d--- bug I'd ever seen (besides Walking Sticks and Praying Mantis) was climbing out of the sink drain!Looked like a giant roach from a horror movie, but she said it was a water bug (?) and it was common for them to come out of the septic.I'd keep traps in the drain if I'd ever lived down there again.And all the chameleons!So sneaky.Yuck, I don't care what color they want to be, I don't like any of the bug world.Not a single thing.I'd like to have a pear tree.Those pears are expensive all the time.
    SYAL.
    False
    Linda, yes we have had creepy crawlies, the cameleons, yes,my cat has caught a couple in the house and tried bringing them to me,I ended up standing up on the couch and then closing the door between me and him and he let the thing out of his mouth! I have tracked them down and lost them and he has found them. Ewww I hated them! DH put in different doors and so far so good,(knock on wood) Yeah those big black bugs, dive bombers sometimes, I hate them too,Smokey will kill them as well but does not eat either of those things,he is a cat food kitty only and loves his treats. The pear trees we bought are Orient, Bartlett, Keiffer and I have forgotten the other right now.DH loves pears the best,I like them as well, and pears just seem to keep better than some fruits. Later we hope to plant pecan trees in the back acres, but will be some time for that yet.It can get cold down here,they have snow down in these parts sometimes, nothing like my home state of Missouri.I plan on planting some dward palm trees and they definately would not tolerate Mo's weather. lol. Connie
    False
    Hi.. sorry to be absent. The ballet—I ended up being absolutely furious with M.. that is unusual for us. He took his sweet time getting ready, then drove really slowly! I asked him as we left – do we need to take the instructions (how to get there) ? Do you have the street address? Mr. Know-it-all says “No, I’ve been there before”. Well, of course, we got totally lost! Then we had to go all the way home again to get the instructions of her email. And he drove like a madman—through red lights, everything.. I was terrified as well as being very very angry. It was SUCH a special event for me to attend.

Well, by the time we got there it was getting on for 4 pm and the event was from 3:15 to 4:15!! Anyway, she had waited as long as she could for us. There were 22 little girls and we had to choose only two! They were all dancing to M’s music the whole time. I took ballet myself and this was such a thrill for me. They were all in matching red outfits with white leotards .. and hair all ‘up’ in the ballerina look.
    Oh, it was wonderful (what I got to see of it). We are invited to rehearsals of the ballet as well. The performance is in Feb.
    False