Recipe...THIS IS A MUST...Chocolate Stuff from Sweet Potato Queens | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe...THIS IS A MUST...Chocolate Stuff from Sweet Potato Queens

Last post Nov 15, 2005 11:46 AM by kanke2neko . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Recipe...THIS IS A MUST...Chocolate Stuff from Sweet Potato Queens
    This recipe is from the Sweet Potato Queens Cookbook. Last night I was on a desperate crave for chocolate and realized I had all the ingredients to make CHOCOLATE STUFF! In the book, the author wrote that one could easily devour the whole thing and she's right. It's the perfect balance of sweet/chocolate. I ate a bowl as soon as it was ready with a nice dollop of Chocolate Cool Whip on top. Twenty minutes later I had to have another bowl! I even had a bowl of it for dinner tonight that's how wonderful it is. Please give it a try!

CHOCOLATE STUFF

2 eggs
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 stick real butter, salted
    2 fairly heaping tablespoons Hershey's cocoa (in the brown container)
    1 running-over teaspoon of vanilla

Beat eggs with sugar and flour. Add salt. In the microwave, melt together butter and cocoa. Dump the butter mixture into the egg misture and stir really well. Add the vanilla. Pour into a greased loaf pan and set in a pan of water. Bake at 300 for 40-50 minutes (mine took an hour) depending on oven. At 40 minutes, reach inside and tap the top of it. If it's crunchy go ahead and take it out. Grab a spoon and dig in.
    False
  • RE: Recipe...THIS IS A MUST...Chocolate Stuff from Sweet Potato Queens
    Question -- is it like pudding, a cake, or a combination? I tried to figure out from the list of ingredients and it kind sounds like bread.

Thanks, Janet -- Indiana
    False
    So sorry. I should have mentioned that it turns out to be more like a cake than a bread. It's very moist and springy.
    False
    Wow, I can't even think what this would be like.....Thanks
    False
    If this is as good as you make it sound, I always have the ingredients around, I'll be making it a lot.

Thanks
    False

Sounds good, thank you!

♥ LindaChicken
    False

Photobucket

If anyone tries this please let me know your opinion of it!
    False