Substituting craisins for fresh or frozen cranberries | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Substituting craisins for fresh or frozen cranberries

Last post Nov 17, 2005 12:34 PM by Morningdove_Wa . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Substituting craisins for fresh or frozen cranberries
    Do I need to soak or “plump” Craisins® Sweetened Dried Cranberries before using in baked recipes?
    No. Craisins® can be used right out of the bag. You can substitute Craisins® for fresh or frozen cranberries. If a recipe calls for one cup of fresh cranberries you should use 3/4 cup of Craisins®.
    False
  • RE: Substituting craisins for fresh or frozen cranberries
    With all the sugar added to the dried cranberries, how can you possibly just substitute with regular cranberries for something like cranberry sauce? And what about the liquid that was evaporated when they were dried?
    I love dried cranberries and substitute them for raisins all the time. I add them to wild rice and stuffings, throw them in salads. But I think there's a limit to their use as far as a substitute for the fresh, just as you can't substitute raisins for grapes.
    False
    I always plump Craisins no matter how I'm using them, so I would definitely plump them if using for fresh.
    False
    I got this from Ocean Spray website, thought I'd pass it along. This is only what they are suggesting.
    False