18 lb turkey stuffed | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

18 lb turkey stuffed

Last post Nov 19, 2005 3:15 PM by suzycreamcheese_MI . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • 18 lb turkey stuffed
    I am planning to use a turkey bag for my 18 lb stuffed turkey. How long should I cook it and on what degrees would u use?
    False
  • RE: 18 lb turkey stuffed
    Do you mean a roasting bag or one of those bags that goes inside to hold the stuffing? The roasting bag should have the temperature, length of time to cook, and the directions for preparing the bag on the box. The Reynolds bags that I buy always do. Carol
    False

Carol

Go to butterball.com and you can call a toll-free number or ask on-line and they will tell you.
    I had to go on there to find out about a 22 pound stuffed bird and they answered me really quickly.
    Hope this helps!
    Jackie
    False
    Thanks.
    I got the bag to put the whole turkey in. I have never tried one,so a bit nervous about that.
    I went to butterball and I found for me it will take 41/2 to 5 hrs of cooking a 18 lb stuffed turkey

So I will check on the bag box on their instructions with using the bag also.
    False
    I use a roasting bag every year, turkey always comes out juicy and clean up is a snap, just don't forget to cut the top of the bag open during the last 20min. or so to get the skin nice and crispy brown!! mmmm can't wait til thursday!!
    False
    I usually figure 20 minutes per pound. Guess I better check it out!
    False