OT: What is the cost of a rick of wood in your area? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT: What is the cost of a rick of wood in your area?

Last post Dec 07, 2012 12:57 PM by char3bc . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • OT: What is the cost of a rick of wood in your area?
    I've been very surprised at the cost here. So far it hasn't gone through the roof. Unfortunately, we don't have a wood stove or fireplace, but know several people who do. Plus being a former chimney sweep, I find it interesting.

It's about $40-$50 here, so far.

Although, I really look for it to go up, alot. Hope I'm wrong.
    False
  • RE: OT: What is the cost of a rick of wood in your area?
    Hey CK! At the risk of sounding stupid... What is a "rick" of wood? I know what a cord of wood is and I've heard the term "rick" of wood, but I don't know how much wood that is.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Just how much is a rick? I have heard of cords and truckloads, such as pickup trucks, but have never heard of rick. A truckload goes for about $85-$95 and a cord goes from $110-$125. This is in Virginia.

Darlene
    False
    a cord, cut split and delivered goes for 80.00 in our area of Wn State, much higher in the Seattle area. Judy
    False

IN GOD WE TRUST

Hi, my husband always said a rick of wood fills an area 4 X 8 feet.

Hope that is close....Shirley
    False
    A friend said that he could get a $1,000 for a trailer load of wood. The trailer, I am not sure how big it is or how much they would put on. But I have heard on the one radio show that people sell things. That a truck load of wood delivered could be as high as $60.00.
    False
    A cord of wood here costs between $140-160. A cord is 4x4x8. Fortunately we usually cut our own, so we have a stockpile, but I dread the thought of doing it ourselves anymore. We'll probably but some next time. I wish the cost would go down!
    False
  • Re: OT: What is the cost of a rick of wood in your area?

A rick is half of a cord. a cord is usallly either one stack that us 4x4x8 or two stacks that are 2x4x8. a rick is one stack of wood that is 2x4x8

False

Usually a "rick" or face cord are the same term. The amount is about 8 feet long by 4 feet high, and goes between $40-$50 per cord. Hope this helps!

False

My husband, sons and myself used to cut and sell wood along with working our jobs to make a living. My husband would cut, the trees down, block them up and the boys and I would load it on the truck to haul to the house. I used a hydraulic stand up splitter to split and the boys would use 23 lb monster mauls to split by hand. I would stack that darned stuff, hated doing the end stacks, but then stacking the wood and I packed it tight, meaning stacking the wood together it did not have large holes between the wood pieces. We sold for 80 to 100 a cord and charged extra to stack it when delivered. whether it be put down a shoot for basement furnance or outside storage. We sold wood for many years before we gave it up, due to moving and yes, after moving about 14 years ago from Mo. to Washington state, to Louisiana, our wood splitter still runs and we use for splitting wood for our fireplace which I love to use to heat the living room and house with, hate the bedroom being hot. Some may think that 80 to 100 is alot but back then many were selling for 140 and 150 a cord. Now the wood runs that much. It is not easy work, back breaking, wears on the body after many years of it. Good luck with your wood purchases, there are honest sellers out there and then again, watch those that stack your wood with large holes in the stacks. And make sure you are getting good dry wood, not green or rotted. Connie

False

Since we moved  we just couldn't find time to go out and get our own firewood for the year.  So we paid $400 for cut and delivered dump truck of wood, it's dried and seasoned, nice woood.  I think a cord is around $120 early fall, and by now it's up to $140 due to snow.  The other year we got and shared a truck load (one of those trucks that haul wood to the sawmill) for $1000, that was a good deal, most would pay at least $1,300 for a truck, but for the average person, that should last four years.

False