soft and chewy gingerbread cutout cookies | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

soft and chewy gingerbread cutout cookies

Last post Dec 07, 2005 9:49 AM by enjoynature . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • soft and chewy gingerbread cutout cookies
    Help!! I have two requests. I'm looking for a recipe for soft and chewy gingerbread cutout cookies and also for recipes that can be used in the molded pans. I have just purchase a pan with snowmen and another with Christmas trees and have no idea what kind of cookie to bake in them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays to all.
    False
  • RE: soft and chewy gingerbread cutout cookies
    bumping up to get you some help!
    False
    Does anyone have an answer to these 2 ?s ? !!!
    False
    Gingerbread Cookies
    Makes about 4 dozen cookies depending on you gingerbread cookie cutter
    you need 2/3 c. butter or margarine at room temperature
    3/4c. brown sugar packed
    1 Tbls. cinnamon 2tsp. ginger 1 1/2tsp. cloves 1 1/2tsp. baking soda 1/4c. to 1/3c. water 2 1/2c. flour
    Cream butter and brown sugar with cinnamon,ginger,cloves, and baking soda.
    Whip in 1/4c. of water and stir in the flour. Dough should be pliable and easy to roll out. If the humididty in your area is very low. You may need to add more water to keep dough from being crumbly. Roll dough out to about 1/4inch thicknes- the thinner the dough. The crisper the cookie. Cut out cookie shapes as desired.Gingerbread for Christmas or Wreaths or use for other occasions too. Place cookie cutouts on lightly oiled baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes cool. Decorate with royal icing if desired. Or you when your cutting them out..put raisins or red cinnamon drops, or other little baking things on them to help decorate them.
    Royal icing : Beat l egg white until frothy. Whip in 3 to 4 cups unsifted powdered sugar until icing is smooth and can be forced through a cake decorating tube or bag. Flavor with 1/2 tsp vanilla or lemon or almond extract. Also what ever food coloring you would like to help add color to your gingerbread men.
    I have had this recipe for years.It came from one of those recipe packets you can buy. Can't remember which one for it's been a lot of years since. I found this great recipe. And have used when I want gingerbread cookies.
    False
    If you type gingerbread cookies in the search engine to the top left you will find endless variety of recipes. It's been a hot topic over the year through the holidays as long as the board has been open.
    False
    If you go over to the top search engine type in cookies baked in molds. You will find many others reponses on recipes and tips from people in the past on how to use them and what they baked yummy in them.
    False