What is the best way to transport cupcakes? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What is the best way to transport cupcakes?

Last post Jan 06, 2006 10:15 PM by TriainAtlanta . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • What is the best way to transport cupcakes?
    Does anyone have an tried-and-true tricks? I have put them in a rectangular Tupperware type container and even though they seem to me like they are tightly squeezed in there, by the time I arrive at my destination, a few have always fallen over!

What's up with that?

Who can help me...I feel pretty lame about this.

False
  • RE: What is the best way to transport cupcakes?
    Dorothy, I always put my cupcakes in the refrigerator overnight. When it's time to transport them I take a sheet of tissue paper and put it in the bottom of shirt box, then I place the cupcakes on top of the tissue paper and cover them w/ the shirt box lid. This way, I don't have to worry about bringing home tupperware.

Nancy
    False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero
    Oh, and the icing is'nt all mushy since it's been in the refridgerator.

Nancy
    False

A room without books is like a body without a soul. - Cicero
    you could always set them back into the cupcake pans and then put them in a container to transfer. At least they won't fall over.
    False
    You have to be a heck of a lot more creative than I am...LOL~~

A friend of mine found cupcake tins at yard sales and used them to transport the finished cupcakes. A preschool mom of mine brought hers in a plastic ornament box! (go figure!) Me, I end up tightly packing them in a tray and praying for the best!

Hope you get more good ideas!!

:) Linda
    False
    Linda
    Put them back into a cupcake pan and and it into a carrying box. Of course, that depends on how many you have.
    False
    Here is what Cook's Illustrated says about transporting 1 cupcake:

Neatly Wrapping Cupcakes
    Cupcake aficionados know how messy frosted cupcakes can be when packed into a lunch bag or box, even when plastic wrap is used. Celeste Garber of Pittsburgh, Pa., offers this tip for preserving the luscious frosting. Cut the cupcake in half horizontally and flip the top half upside down so that the icing is in the middle, making a little layer cake. Wrap the cupcake (or piece of frosted sheet cake) in plastic wrap or a plastic bag, and the cupcake is good to go.
    False
    I found the best way to transport cupcakes was in my stomach!! hehe
    False
    I have found they transport best in my belly. LOL
    False
    Oh har de har har, girls!
    This is a SERIOUS PROBLEM!
    My pride is at stake!

False
    A while back WalMart had a covered cup cake carrier in the kitchen dept. I bought one and it is great. I think it was about $5. There were a lot of plastic special carries for different foods all on one shelf. I haven't seen any there since though.
    You might go to the deli at WalMart and ask to buy some of the cupcake trays they put the cupcakes in when they sell them.
    False
    Dorothy,

with 2 kids in grade school, I understand your frustration with transporting cupcakes - and having them look good!

Here is what I do and it has worked so far.

I take a large pan - sheet pan, baking dish - it doesn't matter as long as it has some sort of edge/lip. Make sure though, that it's not too deep. then I tightly cover it in heavy duty foil as if I am covering something in the pan. Meaning don't press it down against the bottom of the pan as if you were lining it. Then with a paring knife I cut slits into the foil and nestle the cupcake down into it for a snug fit. The foil should come about 1/2 way up the side of the cupcake without disturbing the frosting at all. Then I go on and do the next one, so then I am sure of how much room to allow between cupcakes.

I hope this makes sense. This has worked for me many times

Good luck
    Kathleen
    False
    Thanks everyone for the ideas! I appreciate it!
    False
    The best way to transport cupcakes? From my hand to my mouth!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

MissLizzy
    False
    Holler! MissLizzy )
    Dorothy, you might take a look at these...they are plastic, reuseable & disposable, & come in a package of 4 for $4.95. Downfall is the shipping price.

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?pn=PP1014
    False