What can I do with leftover dill dip? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What can I do with leftover dill dip?

Last post Jan 26, 2006 12:51 AM by mmenzel . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • What can I do with leftover dill dip?
    I have nearly 2 cups of dill dip leftover from a veggie tray. Does anyone have any ideas on how to use it up?
    False
  • RE: What can I do with leftover dill dip?
    Make potato salad with it.
    False
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have some nice red potatoes that will be perfect.
    False
    Send it to ME!! Sorry, just had to say that...... Gosh, I would almost give my right arm for some.. All kiddin' aside, I would pass small containers on to whoeever.... as a complimentary gesture........Then take Janra's advice and make potatoe salad out of the rest! Sure wish I had some right now!! I even make Egg Salad out of this ! Sooooooooo Gooooood, All you gotta do is add chopped eggs!! A Good thing around here! That is in the Midwest.... Hope you find a solution.......
    Drooling........................

Sandi
    False
    Egg salad sounds yummy. I never thought of that. I will definately boil a few extra eggs when making the potato salad in the morning. Well, I guess it is morning, at least it is where I am. Better make that later this morning.
    False
    You can always thin it out with milk and use it as a salad dressing.....
    Goodnight - it's 12:35 AM here.
    Anne
    False
    Serve as a sauce for grilled chicken

or make a chicken salad!!!

False
    Thin some of it with a little milk, pour over sliced cucumbers and onion slices. Makes a refreshing salad.
    False
    Put it on baked potatoes. That is the way we use up most any dip that we have leftover.
    False
    i'd be sitting down with a loaf of rye bread and the bowl of dip lol. yeah, ok, i might grab a few veggies too. seriously though, i'd be nibbling on it so often it wouldn't be leftover for long lol.
    False

Put some in with your beef stroganoff, or great in potato soup! Just stir in the dip at the end as it should never boil. Or great on sandwiches instead of mayo - or use in chicken salad.
    False
    I think it would be good to roll some chicken breast in it, then some Italian bread crumbs, spray with cooking spray and bake.
    False
    Put it in mashed potatoes.
    False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose
    Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. From now on I will look forward to leftovers whenever I make dill dip so I can try them all.
    False
    I use dill dip as a sauce for baking fish, just pour the sauce over the fish (I use white fish) and toss it in the oven... YUMMY
    False