Fry Daddy Oil Question ... What's your vote | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Fry Daddy Oil Question ... What's your vote

Last post Jan 28, 2004 2:10 PM by ManiacMomma . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Fry Daddy Oil Question ... What's your vote
    I have a Fry Daddy, but haven't used it much. How long does it take to heat up and cook?

What do you do with the oil after cooking? Do you throw it out, or keep it in the Fry Daddy on the counter? And how long can you keep it?

Give me your ideas...
    Laura
    False
    But Martha was distracted with much serving...
  • RE: Fry Daddy Oil Question ... What's your vote
    Hey Laura. The Fry Daddy's I have had didnt take long at all to heat up. Does yours have a temp gauge that tells you how hot the oil is? If not a little hand held gauge is inexpensive and works fine.

As for the oil I use to just leave it in the Fry Daddy but then I bought a little hand held battery operated oil pump with filter and after the oil has cooled I just use the pump to return it to the container it came in. The filter removes almost all of the particles and the oil comes out very clean. You can reuse it 3 or 4 times before it starts to break down and become useless. Of course if you keep adding fresh oil it could last a long time.

I use peanut oil in mine. Some use half peanut and half canola.

Once the oil is broken down and unusable I return it to the container it came in. Some states/cities/towns have laws dealing with the desposal of used oil so you would have to check with where you live.

Phil
    False
    She's right. Anything with breading leaves a big mess on the bottom. That is why I like the pump to remove the oil so I can clean up the mess on the bottom.

If you leave it too long it starts to burn and the taste ends up on what you are fixing.

Phil
    False
    I use canola oil and leave it in the Fry Daddy.

I discard the oil when it turns dark.

Kathy
    False
    Phil,
    Where do you get an oil pump?

Laura
    False
    yes phil I to am intrested in this pump. I have a big deep fryer and always hate to clean up. Where did you get yours and how much was it??
    False
    I puchased mine at Kmart but I am sure you can find them anywhere like at Walmart or Target. I originally bought it to use with my turkey fryer but it works just as well with the little fryers. I think it ran around $20 but they may even have smaller cheaper ones. The one I have you can clean the filter and reuse but they are fairly cheap so I just throw mine away.

It runs off 2 D cell batteries. I like that because I would not use any thing around liquid that ran off house current.

Phil
    False
    Thanks Phil! I'll have to look into that.

Laura
    False