Birthday Cake for 8-year old | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Birthday Cake for 8-year old

Last post Jan 31, 2006 9:51 PM by Opallu . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Birthday Cake for 8-year old
    My grandson will be 8 Friday. What kind of birthday cake would you suggest I make... Thanks for your
    ideas.... Opal
    False
    Photobucket
  • RE: Birthday Cake for 8-year old
    Hi there,

I made a dinosaur birthday cake for my son. (Not Barney, but it looked like a T-Rex). He thought it was cool! He's only 3, but my nephews were here (6 and 9) and they thought it was great...

Have fun!

FrankieBell
    False
    You could make several small rectangular cakes for boxcars. Frost with chocolate frosting. Put different small candies on the top of each for cargo. On the top toward the front of the first car use a large gumdrop and stick some stretched out cotton from a cotton ball for a smokestack and smoke. Use lifesavers for wheels. I remember making a track by covering cardboard with something but can't remember what. DS cried when I got ready to serve it 'cause it was too cute to destroy. Oh well, he's 33 now. :-). -Linda
    False

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~Author Unknown

A race track with hot wheels cars.
    I saw one in a magazine that put two round layers together to make an 8, used oreo cookie crumbs for the track around the edges and then green frosting for grass, made little flags and such.
    False
    Great ideas! Thank you so much...
    Opal
    False
    Photobucket
    My sister did a cake for my nephew at about that age...she made a simple sheet cake, tinted the buttercream frosting green. Made baselines & bases with store-bought tube icing, also for a pitcher's mound & batter's box. Got little baseball players figures at a crafts store. Voila...baseball diamond!! The toughest part was making a scoreboard out of cardboard, which she "posted" in the outfield on popsicle sticks!!
    :)
    False
    I agree with Kansas Deb.....Matchbox or HotWheels cars, You can even color coconut green and use for grass if you want to really get creative.
    You can also visit the dollar store and fine some really cute cars, trucks, quads or even Power Ranger-GI Joe type characters. Spiderman also seems to be a really popular theme for boys cakes.

Kim
    False

* ~ * Kim * ~ *

I just made a volcano cake for my sons' 7th birthday last week. If you go to www.familyfun.go.com, click on recipes, then on cakes and cupcakes, they have a whole page of kids b-day cakes.

Leat
    False
    Visit my blogs at www.singofhismercies.blogspot.com and www.leatsfavoriterecipes.blogspot.com Visit our web site at www.brookscanoeandkayak.webs.com The WeatherPixie
    OOOPS, I forgot to mention this one...
    With Super Bowl Sunday coming up this weekend, if he's into football, you can do a football theme. Bake the cake in a standard 9x13 pan and cut to the shape of a football and frost with brown frosting, adding laces and such. Or you can do a sheet cake and decorate it to look like a football field.

Kim
    False

* ~ * Kim * ~ *

Go to www.familyfun.com. They have lots of cute ideas for cakes and cupcakes for kids parties.
    False
    Thanks for all the ideas. Great ones. I, also, went to the web page.
    Tomorrow I'll decide what to do.
    False
    Photobucket