Soft sour cream "sugar" cookies (made with Splenda) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Soft sour cream "sugar" cookies (made with Splenda)

Last post Feb 03, 2006 12:35 AM by Deonia . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Soft sour cream "sugar" cookies (made with Splenda)
    This cookie was also in our Newspaper and I did not make this yet... but will try it soon.
    This recipe comes from Dona Hall of Carmichael CA. from the
    cookbook "Fantastic Food With Splenda" by Marlene Koch 244 pages

Soft Sour Cream Sugar Cookies (made with Splenda)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 cup margarine
    3/4 cup Splenda Granular
    2 tablespoons corn syrup
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 egg yolk

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375º. Lightly spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
    In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat together margarine, Splenda and corn syrup untill creamy.. Add sour cream, vanilla, almond extract and egg yolk. Beat 2 to 3 minutes untill light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture..
    Drop by tablespoon full onto baking sheet. Press down on dough with bottom of glass or spatula to flatten.
    Bake 3 minutes, tap pan against baking rack to flatten cookies bake 4 to 5 minutes more.

I do not understand to tap against baking rack?? But will figure this out.

Citrus variation; Add 1teaspoon lemon, lime or orange zest to batter.

As a rolled cookie, add 1 additional tablespoon flour and chill dough before rolling out and cut (1/8 inch thick)
    This recipe can be made as a base recipe for any sugar cookie variation.

Enjoy Susan
    False
  • RE: Soft sour cream
    Here is another cookie I made from our Newspaper with Splenda,

Melting Moments Cookies
    by Don Case of Sacramento

Ingredients;
    1 cup unsifted flour
    1/2 cup cornstarch
    1/2 cup powdered sugar or Splenda (I used Splenda)
    3/4 cup margarine
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions;
    In a bowl stir together flour, cornstarch and sugar or Splenda.
    In large bowl with mixer at medium speed beat margarine untill smooth. Beat in flour mixture and vanilla untill well blended.
    Refrigerate 1 hour.
    Shape in to 1-inch balls. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten lightly with floured fork
    Bake at 375º for 10 to 12 minutes ot untill edges are slightly brown.

For variety, he substitute almond extract for vanilla and tops each cookie with an almond or dips each cookie in sesame seeds before baking.
    Sometimes he makes thumbprints in top of cookie and fills with sugarless jam.

This cookie turned out so good and you can make different cookies from one recipe.

Susan
    False
    Thank you so much, I'll try these for DH he loves sugar cookies, and can't have sugar. chetter
    False
    Susan, I believe they are having you tap the pan to help deflate the cookie so it isn't real puffy.
    chefly
    False
    Chefly is that the same as when I make a cake and before I bake it I bounce it on counter to get the air bubbles out?
    And I do the same with the sheet of cookies just tap it. This is new to me but I think I understand, thanks for explaining to me!

Susan
    False
    Definately gonna try these! Thanks for the recipe. Deonia
    False