Recipes using Almond Paste | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipes using Almond Paste

Last post Jan 17, 2011 7:04 AM by Alliea . 25 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 12
  • Recipes using Almond Paste
    I was wondering if anyone has any kind of recipes using Almond Paste.

Thanks!
    False

Taste of Home Field Editor. Blogger & Photographer.  http://nutmegdisrupted.com/

• RE: Recipes using Almond Paste
    Haven't made any of these recipes since 2000, DH (and now DS) are nut allergic, but have made them :)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Harveys Coconut Macaroons

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 cup shredded coconut
    3 1/2 cups almond paste
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    2/3 cup sugar
    5 eggs
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    Red candied cherries -- halved

In a food processor or blender, process coconut until finely chopped; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat almond paste until crumbled. Gradually add flour, sugar and coconut; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time; beat until smooth. Stir in nuts. Place dough in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip; pipe onto baking sheets covered with parchment paper or foil. Top with cherries. Bake at 350' for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.

Source:
    "1997 Taste of Home Annual Recipes"
    S(Formatted by:):
    "Moonchild2488"
    Copyright:
    "1996 Reiman Publications, L.P."
    Yield:
    "4 dozen"
    -
    False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Cran-Apple Crumble

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 cup orange juice
    1 cup sugar -- divided
    4 teaspoons grated orange peel
    1 (12-ounce) package fresh or frozen cranberries -- thawed
    2 tablespoons butter or margarine
    2 tablespoons maple syrup
    2 tablespoons honey
    5 medium tart apples -- peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
    2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
    Topping:
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
    3 tablespoons almond paste
    1 cup slivered almonds -- toasted

In a saucepan, combine orange juice, 3/4 cup of sugar and orange peel; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cranberries; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until berries begin to pop. Remove from the heat. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in syrup, honey and remaining sugar. Add apples; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat' stir in cranberry mixture. Sprinkle with tapioca; mix gently. Let stand 15 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl; cut in butter and almond paste until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumb mixture and almonds over cranberry mixture (pan will be full). Bake at 400' for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.

Source:
    "2000 Taste of Home Annual Recipes"
    Copyright:
    "1999 Reiman Publications, LLC"
    False

Jolene--  http://jolenesrecipejournal.blogspot.com/

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it" -- Julia Child

Baked Apple French Toast
    Here is a special make-ahead recipe to share with friends and family on Christmas morning, or any special occassion.

One recipe Sautéed Apples (see #1 below)
    Ingredients for Sautéed Apples:
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    2 large Golden Delicious apples peeled and sliced.
    ½ cup raisins
    ½ teaspoon cinnamon
    ¼ cup maple syrup
    4 ounces cream cheese
    2 ounces Almond Paste
    3 Croissants (approx. 5 inches long each); split horizontally
    3 large eggs
    1 large egg yolk
    ½ cup half-and-half
    1 cup whole milk
    1 tablespoon melted butter
    1 tablespoon granulated sugar
    ¼ cup almond slices

1. Prepare the Sautéed Apples: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in med. nonstick skillet over med. high heat. When butter foams, add the apple slices and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add raisins, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat and cool.
    2. Mist 8x8 baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Spread sautéed apples across bottom of the dish.
    3. Place cream cheese & almond paste in bowl of an electric mixer and mix until smooth.
    4. Spread 1 generous tablespoon on each croissant half. Arrange halves, spread side down, on top of the apples.
    5. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, yolk, half-and-half, & milk. Pour over croissants. Drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with sugar and almond slices. Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
    6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Replace the plastic wrap with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until the top is crisp, golden brown, and the egg mixture has set. Serve hot with plenty of maple syrup
    False

Rene-MrsMonty

False

False
    Bagelbaker, I have a bagel recipe i have been aming to try for a couple of years now lol. I have never made bagels. Got any tips for me? I used to not like bagels but after getting some in a bagle place for a client i used to cook for, i have fallen in love with them! expecally the "everything" ones. I like them with onion chive cream cheese or my strawberry freezer jam. Man they're good lol. Deonia
    False

RE: Squares, squares and more squares!!
    Posted by: dutchmom4 Posted on: 9/4/2005 3:13:59 PM
    #R6331376

This is another long time family favorite.

BANKET BARS

2 cups flour
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1 cup margarine
    ½ pound almond paste
    2 cups sugar
    ½ teaspoon almond extract/flavoring
    2 eggs
    ½ cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 – inch pan.
    Combine flour and salt. Set aside.
    Shred almond paste (or cut into small pieces). Cream margarine and almond paste.
    Mix in sugar, flavoring, and eggs. Beat well.
    Gradually blend in dry ingredients.
    Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
    Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool before cutting.

==================================

False

My husband's grandmother taught me how to make banket.

RE: DUTCH RECIPES
    Posted by: dutchmom Posted on: 5/7/2003 3:30:01 PM
    #R1512661

BANKET - Dutch Almond Rolls
    This was recipe was give to me by my husband's grandmother shortly after we were married. I had to watch closely to get measurements, since she never used any measuring "devices." (as she'd call them)

PASTRY
    2 cups flour
    1/2 lb. (2 sticks) marg. or butter
    1/2 cup ice water

Mix like pie crust.
    Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more (such as, overnight).

FILLING
    1/2 lb. almond paste
    1 cup white sugar
    1 egg
    1 egg yolk

INSTRUCTIONS
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees
    Cut pastry into quarters. This recipes has enough pastry for 4 rolls.
    Roll out 1/4 of the pastry.
    Spread 1/4 of the filling on pastry.
    Roll, and seal edges with water.
    Before baking, prick each roll several times with a fork.
    Brush with frothy egg white, and sprinkle with sugar.
    Bake 10 minutes - until lightly brown.
    Then, 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Note: If you have a Dutch store locally, you can purchase almond paste in 7 pound cans far cheaper than in the refrigerator section. Almond paste freezes well.

False

Subject: Recipe for Banket (Dutch Treat)
    Posted by: SugarandSpice_MI Replies: 6 Posted on: 3/20/2002 8:17:34 AM #T37207

BANKET (pronounced like "bonnet" but with a "k" sound added in the middle!) - This recipe makes 8 sticks of Banket.

CRUST ingredients:
    4 Cups flour
    2 sticks of Margarine (not high water)
    2 sticks butter
    1 Cup ice water

DIRECTIONS: Cut margarine and butter into flour until you have pea size pieces (like mixing a pie crust), add water slowly incorporating it into the crust until it makes a nice dough. Press into loaf pan for easy dividing--cover and chill over night.

FILLING ingredients:
    1 lb. Almond paste
    2 eggs
    1 Cup powdered sugar
    1 Cup granulated, white sugar
    1 tsp. almond extract

Blend all ingredients thoroughly. Press into loaf pan for easy dividing--cover and chill over night.

ASSEMBLING: Divide each loaf pan evenly into 8 pieces. Take a section of dough for the crust and shape like a hotdog bun. Then proceed to roll out the dough into a long narrow strip--5 in. X 10 in. (You might need to use a little flour to do this if the dough is sticky). Take a section of filling and roll out into a long snake that is almost as long as the dough,(leave about 1 1/2 in. of the crust free on each end to fold and seal.) To seal the crust, put water in a small bowl and then proceed to dab the water all around the edges of the crust. Fold the short ends in first over filling, then one long side over the other, completely covering the filling. Press gently to seal. Place seam side down onto baking sheet. Continue shaping other sections. Cut 4-5 slits in the top of each stick for venting. Brush with egg white wash. Bake at 425º for 15-20 min. or until golden brown. (Note: unbaked sticks can be frozen and baked later, or baked sticks can be frozen for about 1 month before losing quality flavor.)
    False

There are several almond paste recipe throughout this thread.

Almond Lover's Society Recipes
    http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&replynum=1&threadnum=174799&catnum=&headnum=

False

Subject: Rec: ALMOND SUGAR COOKIES
    Posted by: flipper78 Replies: 2 Posted on: 7/10/2004 10:40:28 PM
    #T379180
    ALMOND SUGAR COOKIES

1 cup butter
    8 oz. almond paste
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 egg
    3 cups flour

Beat butter, paste and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour, blending thoroughly. Roll and cut. Bake on ungreased sheets at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Brush with glaze: beat 1 egg white until frothy: beat in 1/2 cup sifted icing sugar: tint.

False

Subject: BL's Favorite Blueberry-Almond Tea Bread
    Posted by: marbaletq Replies: 2 Posted on: 7/1/2004 11:24:04 AM
    #T374706

This is either from Mc Call's or Good Housekeeping from who knows how many years ago. BL loves this and he keeps losing the recipe! LOL :O)

BLUEBERRY ALMOND TEA BREAD
    BL says, "This is one of the best fruit breads I've ever tasted!"

1 (8-ounce) can almond paste
    1/4 cup butter
    1 cup sugar
    3 eggs
    1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
    3 cups all-pourpose flour, divided 1 Tabespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup milk

Combine almond paste and butter in a large mixing bowl; beat until well blended.

Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one and a time, beating well after each addition.

Combine blueberries and 1 TBLSP. flour, tossing gently. Combine remaining flour, baking pwder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.

Spoon one-third of batter into a greased and floured 9 X 5 X 3-inch loaf pan, and sprinkle with half of dredged blueberries. Repeat layers once. spoon remaining batter on top and smooth with a spatula.

Bake at 350 degress for 1 hr. or until a cake pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove bread from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.

False

Subject: Rec. Review and Pic. Link: Almond Bread Pudding posted by Gramofnine_MI...delicious!
    Posted by: carolinacooker Replies: 18 Posted on: 12/1/2004 9:33:08 PM
    #T445400

I baked this tonight and it is delicious! Thanks, Gram, for the great recipe!!!

Pictured at:
    http://home.thirdage.com/Food/carolinacooker/foodposts.html
    ---------------------------------

Almond Bread Pudding
    Posted by gramofnine_MI

6 croissants or 6 cups of any day old bread or rolls
    8 eggs
    3 cups milk
    2 cups sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon almond extract
    8 ounces almond paste, cubed

Cut croissants or bread or rolls into cubes. Place in a greased (Pam) 9 X 13 pan. In a bowl beat eggs, sugar, milk and extracts. Pour over bread. Carefully place almond paste cubes on top. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake at 350ºF for 40/45 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with whipped cream and caramel sauce.

I used plain old whole wheat bread, crusts and all, used all Splenda. I also threw on a couple of handsfull of chocolate chips, but if I wanted to do that again, would use the mini chips and mix with the milk mixture. I cut the recipe in half and it made a nice 8" square pan. I don't usually like bread pudding, but this was wonderful......Gram

False

Subject: Rec : Almond Danish Bars from Rhodes
    Posted by: Pookie10_MI Replies: 3 Posted on: 6/26/2005 10:22:15 AM
    #T534695

This came in an e-mail and sound very good to me. I like to use frozen dough since I am dough making challenged. Carol

Almond Danish Bars

12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls or 8 Rhodes Texas Rolls, thawed &
    8 oz cream cheese, softened
    1 egg
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/2 cup slivered almonds
    4 oz almond paste
    2 egg whites
    3/4 cup sliced almonds

Combine rolls together and roll into an 11x16-inch rectangle. Place in a sprayed 10x15-inch jelly roll pan. Combine cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over dough. Place brown sugar and slivered almonds in a blender and blend until finely ground. Place in a bowl and add almond paste and egg whites. Beat until smooth. Spread almond mixture over cream cheese.

Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake at 350F 20-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

False