Sugar price at WalMart | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Sugar price at WalMart

Last post Feb 15, 2006 11:41 AM by thehardins . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • Sugar price at WalMart
    I asked DH to check the price of sugar today at SuperCenter WalMart. He said a 5 lb bag (probably 4 lb) was $5.59! Last week I posted that the small grocery store here had 10 lb bag of sugar priced over $11. I stocked up a few weeks ago so I sure hope it comes down soon.
    False
  • RE: Sugar price at WalMart
    I just bought a 5 lb bag of sugar, and I didn't notice a large increase in price. But I never notice the price of "staples" as much as other things.
    False
    I just got 25 lbs for 9.99 on sale, normal price for 25 lbs 11.99. That sure is high for you homestyle.

Tink!
    False
    Always treat people they way you want to be treated. ~Tink~
    Homestyle...I bought 5lbs. at Walmart yesterday for $2.29. I remembered your earlier post so was expecting to pay much more. I purchased the Dixie Crystal brand...checked the Domino Brand and it was only $2.19. I didn't check the store brand. Maybe the higher price is a regional thing.

If it goes much higher for you, we might need to ship it in to you. LOL

Fratz
    False
    I bought the Laura Lynn brand at Ingles today and paid $1.89 for a 5 pound bag.
    False
    Wow, I live in Tennessee and the Walmart brand of sugar is $3.38 for 10 lbs here. Another store I shop at had 2 4# bags last week for $3.00. I can't imagine why it would be so much higher in Arkansas, is that where you are?

If it is going up, it hasn't happened here yet, thank goodness!
    False
    I just bought a 10lb.bag of C&H at Costco for 3.50.
    False

I just bought sugar in SE. KS. on Friday, and I did not notice an increase in the price here.

Margaret
    False

If your spirit is grateful and humble / your tongue won't constantly grumble.
    I had heard a while ago that when Katrina hit, it had hit a sugar refinery. They said on the news that we should expect an increase in sugar prices. I went shopping on Sat and did see sugar in the 4.00 range, but I'm sorry, I don't remember the size bag.
    Janet
    False
    They had sugar on special at 10 lbs for $3.49. I got 2 as I remembered that someone had bought it for much more. I also saw that another store was going to have a special this week at 4 lbs for $.99. I don't use that much sugar unless I bake so don't think I will get anymore now.
    Darlene
    False
     Click for Jamestown, North Dakota Forecast
    I was so curious after reading the prices post here, so I went to Wal-Mart this morning to check it out. C&H Sugar was $2.58 for a 5 lb. bag. I am in Southern California. Not too bad a price.

Robin
    False
    Wow that is a high price for sugar, I heard around Christmas, The price was going to Sky Rocket, I guess you've been hit first,
    I'll have to buy some up tommorow just in case.

Sharon†
    False
    I.39 for 5lb. bag in Texas at Wal-Mart
    False
    Wow, some of these prices are ridiculous. Why so high? If there is a sugar shortage, shouldn't it be all over, not just here and there?
    I just went to Walmart today and bought a 5 lb. bag of Great Value sugar for $1.78.
    Those high prices are enough to make you swear off sugar.

Lou
    False
    After reading about the price of sugar in this post, when I went to WalMart today, I priced the sugar. Great Value 10# was 3.88, 5# was 1.98. Domino 10# was 4.33, 5# was 2.17.
    False