Hunts Chili Beans, can you find them? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Hunts Chili Beans, can you find them?

Last post Feb 19, 2006 1:58 AM by SoCalScottishGal . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Hunts Chili Beans, can you find them?
    I decided yesterday to make chili beans, and, when I went down the bean aisle, there were no cans of Hunts.
    I talked to my manager, and she asked me why it had to be Hunts...Because that's what my mommy always used.
    So, I checked a different store, and guess what, they don't have them either. Then, I called mommy, and guess what, she made chili beans last week, and she couldn't find Hunts either. She used what ever the generic was from the store she was at, and said they were as good, but, I want my Hunts.
    So, do you suppose Hunts stopped making them all together, or, is it just in my part of Utah, and mom's part of California that we can't find them.
    This is a serious delima for me. Bush's makes them, but they are in such a small can. Ugh!
    KathyLu
    False
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us." Marianne Williamson http://www.wherearethecows.webs.com/
  • RE: Hunts Chili Beans, can you find them?
    I had the same problem with a variety of Campbell's soups that I liked. I checked EVERY store in town, had my mother in Illinois check at several places, looked for the soup while vacationing in Florida, etc. Finally I gave in and called the customer service dept. for Campbells. I was told there wasn't enough sales for them to continue to make the soup!!

So maybe you can try that approach. If they are simply being sold somewhere else, perhaps you could see if you could order a case directly. I did that from a furniture polish manufacturer when all our stores stopped carrying it.

Isn't it maddening as all get out when companies just up and quit making something?
    Good luck. Janet -- Indiana
    False
    I live in LA County in So Calif. and the last time I checked Stater Brothers carried them. I use them in my Chili also but have not made any since last winter. I used to buy their Hunts Pork N Beans and they quit making them a few years ago. I am a creature of habit and when I like something in a recipe I really have a hard time adjusting the recipe to taste the same.

I'll check tomorrow if it doesn't rain(my car's been in the shop since Thursday so I have to walk to the store) Good luck.

~Jan~
    False

SCSG Jan blue eyed mouse siggy

~~The most important things in life aren't things!~~ 

Your post got me to thinking and I went to the Hunts.com site and they are now owned by ConAgra and I don't think they make anything at Hunt's anymore but tomato products. I couldn't find Hunts chili beans or any Hunt's beans anywhere on either site.

~Jan~
    False

SCSG Jan blue eyed mouse siggy

~~The most important things in life aren't things!~~