Anyone put salt in their orange juice? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Anyone put salt in their orange juice?

Last post Jan 29, 2004 7:47 PM by ozziegran . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Anyone put salt in their orange juice?
    I grind salt into my orange juice and I love the sweet salty taste it gives the juice. I use Celtic Sea Salt that has no bitter salt taste but regular table salt will do if that's all I have. Who here does the same?
    False
  • RE: Anyone put salt in their orange juice?
    Homestyle,
    I have done this for years. I thought I was the only one. I gives it a great flavor!
    Verna
    False
    Oh, my GOD... I thought I was the only one in the world. You would not believe the strange looks that I get!!! Are you from New England by any chance??? I am now in Ohio and these people think I am the strangest person in the world for putting celery salt on spaghetti sauce, vinegar (or butter) on French Fries, & I love salt on watermelon too!!! Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone in the world. /rayt721
    False

If you can't have the best of everything, make the best of everything that you have!!!

Oh, and I put salt in coke & pepsi also ... BUT, I don't cook with alot of salt. Go Figure!!! /rayt721
    False

If you can't have the best of everything, make the best of everything that you have!!!

I haven't tried it in orange juice, but I do sprinkle salt on an orange most of the time when eating it.
    I'll try it in the juice
    lyn
    False
    I've done that for years! DH thinks I'm loony. Also put it on grapefruit and oranges when I eat them.
    False
    Forgot about watermelon and cantaloupe!
    False
    I like salt on apple slices, watermelon, and cantaloupe. I like malt vinegar on my fish and French fries. I think balsamic vinegar is good on fresh fruit salad. Carol
    False

Carol

Hi, I am from Ohio and we have always put salt on watermelon and vinegar on french fries and how about pepper on cottage cheese, at family reunions a group of relatives always bring a container of vinegar for the baked beans, I also like to put Franks hot sauce on french fries and corn on the cob..my Grandfather put vinegar and oil on his salad and than sprinkled sugar over all of it..celery salt on spaghetti sauce sounds ok to me, can't wait to try it. Shirley
    False
    I grew up in Ohio and grew up putting salt in our orange juice. I was always told it makes it taste like fresh oranges. I also remember going to the county fairs in Ohio and you could always get french fries with malt vinegar. If you even try to ask for it here in Indiana, they look at you like your from another planet. I remember Aurther Treachers Fish & Chips and they had the best malt vinegar and you put it on everything.
    False
    Never tried salt in it but as an adopted Southerner,I do love it with Bourbon in it![couldn't resist telling that]Pat
    False