Has anyone ever won? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Has anyone ever won?

Last post Mar 31, 2006 7:37 PM by cowgirl_In . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Has anyone ever won?
    All the "spam" that comes to my email, lots of contests all the time, usually means doing long surveys, BUT has anyone ever actually won anything or know anyone that has? I usually ditch the things after about 10 minutes!
    False
  • RE: Has anyone ever won?
    I win! I've been entering sweepstakes (NOT surveys) for over 20 yrs. My lastest win was a $100.00 free gasoline (gift card) from BP gas...just takes a 3x5 entry mailed in. My biggest win so far has been my trip to Hawaii (for 4) last year, won from Kelloggs.
    I have to make this short...kids need me....but if you want more information, just reply.

Cali
    False
    I enter cooking contests--think the running total of prizes is in the $50,000 range (with $25,000 being my largest single win).

It's my feeling that you have the best chance of winning contests, if you choose skill contests where you may have an edge over other competitors.
    False
    WOW, that is wonderful! I enter things here and there but have never won anything. I get hundreds of things on my email each week about contests. Wonder if any are valid. I saw on TV a woman spends 10 hrs or more a day entering contests on the computer, that is her living! SHe must something or get gift cards, etc. for her time. Think I will quit my job and start entering contests!! LOL
    False
    I very rarely enter from e-mails (too hard to win). The secret is to subscribe to a sweepstaking newsletter (I like sweepsheet) & learn about the hobby. Take a look at the sweepsheet website www.sweepsheet.com & hope you try entering...it's fun & profitable & your stamps, paper supplies & even computer(& internet) can be tax deductable if & when you have enough wins.

Yes, you do have to declare prizes on your income tax.

Cali
    False
    I started those surveys when I first got my computer, but they went on and on and on and on....so I quit. Plus the fact when you enter one it spawns about 10 more companies sending you emails that you do't want. I am still unscribing to these now after a year.

Anyway, I won a trip to Ireland a few years ago by sending in a postcard to a Boson Radio Station. They were in Dublin for St. Patrick's Day and they picked me. We got Airfare, vouchers for hotels, a car, and $500 because I was listening to the station and called in when I won. We had a wonderful time==actually had been there the year before, but who cares?

Also won 4 tikets to Cinderella at a Boson theater. Took my 3 grandchildren and had a great time.
    Sent in an entry form from our local paper.

So you see people do win....

Barb
    False
    MDH John belongs to http://www.mysurvey.com when he gets 1,000 points he can cash it in for a $10.00 check, or he can save points for a reward prize. Last year, he had enough points for a very nice pair of binoculars :O)
    False

Cool

We used to belong to npdor surveys http://www.npdor.com/ and the only thing we ever got was refrigerator magnet or very small sticky pad with npdor on it.
    False

Cool

I couldn't win my way out of a wet paper bag. I am glad to hear some of you are lucky. I have entered contest and nothing, so I gave up.
    False