Need menu help. What to serve with lemon chicken scallopini? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Need menu help. What to serve with lemon chicken scallopini?

Last post May 04, 2006 12:41 PM by luv2dance . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • Need menu help. What to serve with lemon chicken scallopini?
    Please help! I am having company on Friday
    I am serving Stars recipe for lemon chicken scallopini.
    I would like an interseting:
    salad
    potato ( i usually make a potato casserole)
    and vege
    anyone have a good lemon or lime dessert?
    Many thanks
    Nadine
    False
  • RE: Need menu help. What to serve with lemon chicken scallopini?
    RE: ~Easter Dessert~...What will you be making?
    Posted by: cooknchic Posted on: 3/30/2006 10:36:57 AM
    #R7358521
    This one is from Cooking Light. This recipe is gorgeous, and always makes a great impression. I do make this one a lot, and it's very springy/summery

Lemon Swirl Cheesecake:
    INGREDIENTS

Crust:
    2/3 cup all-purpose flour
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
    1 tablespoon ice water
    Cooking spray

Filling:

3 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened
    2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
    1-3/4 cups sugar
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    5 large eggs
    1 cup Lemon Curd (recipe to follow)

Lemon Curd

INGREDIENTS

3/4 cup sugar
    1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
    2 large eggs
    2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 large lemons)
    2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine

INSTRUCTIONS

Combine the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook until sugar dissolves and mixture is light in color (about 3 minutes). Stir in lemon juice and butter; cook for 5 minutes or until mixture thinly coats the back of a spoon, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cool. Cover and chill (the mixture will thicken as it cools).

YIELD: Yield: about 1 cup (serving size: 2 tablespoons).
    INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 400°F.

To prepare the crust, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Place 2/3 cup flour and 2 tablespoons sugar in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until combined. Add chilled butter; pulse 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor on, slowly pour ice water through food chute, processing just until blended (do not allow dough to form a ball). Firmly press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack.

Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.

CONT:
    False

Lemon Swirl Cheesecake CONT:

To prepare the filling, beat cheeses at high speed of a mixer until smooth. Add 1-3/4 cups sugar and the next 4 ingredients (1-3/4 cups sugar through salt); beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.

Pour the cheese mixture into prepared pan. Spoon mounds of Lemon Curd over filling, and swirl together using the tip of a knife. Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake is almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven, and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.

YIELD: Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice).
    False

Chewy Lemon Bars
    1 Lemon Cake Mix
    1 Egg
    1/2 cup Butter, melted
    3-3/4 cups Powdered Sugar
    2 Eggs, beaten
    1 8-oz Cream Cheese, softened
    1 tsp Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Mix together cake mix, egg and butter. Spread into a 9” x 13” pan.
    In a separate bowl, mix together powdered sugar, beaten eggs, softened cream cheese and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Spread mixture over the bottom layer.
    Bake for 30-40 minutes or until top layer turns golden brown.

Lemon Bars
    1 cup (2 sticks) butter
    1 cup sugar
    2 cups flour
    1 1/4 cup oatmeal (not instant)
    Juice of 3 lemons
    Zest of 2 lemons, chopped fine
    Zest of 1 orange, chopped fine
    1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

Cream butter and sugar, then add the flour and oatmeal to make the dough (it will be a little crumbly). Set aside. Stir juice and zest into milk. Set aside. Butter (or spray) a 9 by 13 inch pan. Press two-thirds to three-quarters of the dough into the pan. Spread lemon/milk mixture evenly over the top of the dough. Sprinkle the remaining dough (kind of like streusel) over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes until golden. When cool, slice into 1-inch squares.
    False

Bacon Wrapped Green Beans

3/4 lb fresh green beans
    4 bacon strips
    3 T. butter, melted
    1/4 c. packed brown sugar
    1/4 t. garlic salt
    1/8 t. soy sauce

Place beans in large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cook uncovered 8 minutes or until crisp tender. Meanwhile in skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp (about 3 minutes). Remove to paper towels. Drain beans; place about 12 beans on each bacon strip. Wrap bacon around beans and secure with toothpicks. Place on ungreased baking sheet. In small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, garlic salt, and soy sauce. Brush over bundles. Bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 4 servings

Orange Glazed Carrots

1 (5 pound) package baby carrots
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup butter or margarine
    2 tablespoons flour
    1 cup orange juice
    1/2 teaspoon orange rind
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    Preheat oven to 350°. Cook carrots (boil) until slightly crisp. Drain and put in greased casserole dish. In saucepan, mix sugar, flour, orange rind, and salt. Add butter, orange juice, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick. Pour over carrots. Bake 30 minutes.
    False
    I would make Green Beans Almondine. Just boil some fresh snapped green beans in some heavily salted water until tender and toss with butter and a little fresh squeezed lemon juice. Then top with toasted almonds. Yum!

Stephanie
    False
    these recipes all sound wonderful. Thank you sooo much for giving them to me.
    I copied them all
    Nadine
    False
    Instead of potatoes, I'd make homemade lemon parsley noodles (just add some lemon rind, snipped parsley, and freshly cracked black pepper to your pasta dough). It would be delicious with that menu.
    False
    Hi,
    Can you post the chicken scallopini recipe?

Thanks.
    False
    I think this is Stars recipe. It easy and wonderful. AND can be made a day ahead

Lemon Chicken Scaloppine(Make Ahead

2 lbs chicken breasts, 1/4" thick
    1/2 c all-purpose flour
    2 tsp garlic salt
    1/2 c butter or margarine
    6 lemon slices
    1 tsp instant bouillon
    1/2 c hot water
    2 Tbsp lemon juice

pound chicken until 1/4" thick. Stir together flour and garlic salt; coat chicken with flour mixture. Melt butter in large skillet; brown chicken over medium heat approx 5 mins on each side.

Place chicken in ungreased baking dish, 13 x 9. Top each piece with lemon slice (or place lemon slices on chicken at serving time). Cover and refrigerate.

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Dissolve bouillon in water. Add lemon juice; pour over chicken. Cover and bake 25 to 30 mins.
    False
    I would skip the potatoes and go with either pasta of some type (the parsley lemon noodles sound great) or a rice pilaf of some kind.

Here is a possible salad recipe. You don't want lemon in EVERY dish.

Sugar-Snap Pea and Strawberry Salad

Recipe By :DMD Fictional Chacter Goldy Bear Schulz
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
    2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1/4 pound sugar-snap peas -- including pods, strings removed
    1 pound strawberries -- thickly slices

Combine the oil, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl; whisk thoroughly and set aside.

Steam the sugar-snap peapods for 30 seconds or until bright green but still crunchy. Remove them from the heat, drain, then quickly plunge into ice water to stop the cooking, and drain again.

Combine the sugar-snaps with the sliced strawberries. Whisk the dressing again and drizzle over the peapods and strawberries. Serve immediately or chill for no more than 1 hour.

Source:"The Main Corpse by Diane Mott Davidson"
    Copyright:"1996 by Diane Mott Davidson"
    -

False
    Thanks for posting the recipe.

How long do you refrigerate the chicken??

I can do it either at night or in the morning before work right and then bake it when I get home?

It looks yummy.

Thanks again.
    False
    This is a really delicious lemon pie that I copied from TOH a long timme ago. It's even easier if you can use a prepared pie shell. And you can make it ahead.

1 cup sugar
    1/4 cup cornstarch
    1 cup milk
    3 egg yolks beaten
    1/4 cup butter
    1 TBS grated lemon peel
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1 cup sour cream (8 oz)
    1 9-in pastry shell
    whipped cream or topping

In saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add milk until smooth. Cook and stir over med hi heat until thickened. Reduce heat: cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Stir in a small amount of hot liquid into egg yolks, return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly for 2 minutes longer. mixture will be very thick.

Remove from heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Gently stir in the lemon juice. Cover and cool completely. Fold in sour cream. Pour into pastry shell and refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with whipped cream.

6-8 servings
    False
    luv2dance,
    Either or. For convenience the chicken can be prepared the day before
    False
    motherchic,
    thanks, it might just be on the menu next week!!
    False