SHOWTIME ROTISSERIE RECIPES WANTED. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

SHOWTIME ROTISSERIE RECIPES WANTED.

Last post Nov 23, 2009 8:54 AM by cinnamama . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • SHOWTIME ROTISSERIE RECIPES WANTED.
    I bought my Showtime Rotisserie about 5 years ago and never used it.I would like to start using it now(it's about time lol)Any recipes for whole chicken will be welcome.What kind of marinades can I use for the flavour injector?
    Thank you.
    False
  • RE: SHOWTIME ROTISSERIE RECIPES WANTED.

After I wash and pat the chicken dry I Pam it lightly and rub it all over. I sprinkle it with salt, pepper and spices. Sometimes I use a cajun/creole spice, sometimes Greek or Italian. I have used the injector, too. Love the garlic/butter.

Then I....

.....Set It and Forget It!!LOL

Comes out perfect every time.

I've cooked burgers, pork chops, hot dogs, veggies, all kinds of things in the basket.

When doing BBQ, I brush sauce on during the last 10 minutes while it is still rotating.

False
    I like to loosen the skin on a chicken and rub the meat underneath with garlic powder, salt and pepper and lemon zest. After that I stuff the inside with a lemon and an onion, both cut in quarters and cook for the reccomended time for the weight of the chicken.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Our favorite!

Deli Rotisserie Chicken

1 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons paprika
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    2 teaspoons black pepper
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon dried thyme

Mix and rub on (inside and out) a 4-5 pound chicken. Cook on rotisserie approx. 1 1/2 hours or until juices run clear.

I add ground red pepper to the above, we like it hot! :)
    False
    Say less than you know, Own more than you show, Pay as you go, Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!
    I did a post with some Showtime Rotisserie recipes in it. Here's the web address for it.

John

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=268453&catnum=68&headnum=2
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    We love ours.... just used it last night...

Here's one... and I'm sorry, I don't know if I've tried it.

Posted by: boeboe165 Posted on: 10/18/2004 9:50:01 PM
    #R4569663
    Found this on:
    fooddownunder.com

Sounds good to me, Boe

Title: Garlic Rotisserie Chicken
    Keys: Poultry
    Yield: 5

Ingredients:

1 lb whole chicken
    4 x cloves of garlic
    3 tbl snipped fresh basil - (45ml)
    1/3 tsp salt - (3.75ml)
    1 tbl olive oil - (15ml)
    1 tbl lemon juice - (15ml)

Method:
    In a bowl combine garlic, basil, salt, olive oil and lemon juice and set aside.

Staring at the neck on 1 side of the breast, slip your fingers between skin and meat, loosening the skin as you go work towards the tail end. Once your entire hand is under the skin, fee the skin around the thigh and leg area up to but not around, the tip of the drumstick. Repeat on the other side of the breast.

Rub garlic-basil mixture under skin directly on to meat. Cover refrigerate for 4 hours.

Using butchers twine, truss the chicken so that is holds together. It will also cook the meat evenly.

For gas grill - turn the front and the rear burners on high and leave the middle burner off and preheat to a temperature of 325 F - (180 ) placing the drip pan in the center.

Place the chicken onto the spit according to the rotisserie manufacture direction.

Cook until the skin of the chicken is generously brown and the flesh is cook through. Ever 20 minutes or so baste the chicken with juices that accumulate on the drip pan.

When cooked the chicken internal temperature will be 180 F - (90 C) Remove chicken from rotisserie, cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before carvings.

Serve and enjoy

I'll post more recipes too.

Mrs. Lucci

False
    We used out Showtime last night. Brace yourself for this one....

We picked up an eye or round roast for .99 a lb... it was just a small 3 lb piece -- I think the price was $2.74....

We coated it with a mess of a dry rub... salt, pepper, garlic... ummm some Steak seasoning -- and plopped it in the set it - forget it...

It was delicious... I'm sure between the two of us, we'll get 6 decent meals from that little chunk of roast -- between sandwiches and slices for dinner.

Knowing this... I wonder what the markup is on restaurant food.

Anyway... here's more recipes...

Try it... you can't go wrong... Oh, a friend says the fatter the cut of meat the better it is...

False
    Four Peppercorn Crusted Roast Beef

2 tsp black peppercorns
    2 tsp white peppercorns
    2 tsp green peppercorns
    1 tsp pink peppercorns
    1 tsp salt
    3+1/2 to 4 lb. boneless beef rib roast

Place the peppercorns in a heavy plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Stir in the salt. Coat the outside of the beef roast with the pepper mixture. Rotissere the roast on the Spit rods 20 to 25 minutes per pound for rare or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F, 30 to 35 minutes per pound for medium or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F, or 40 to 45 minutes per pound for well done or until the internal temperature reaches 170° on an instant thermometer inserted in the center. Remove and slick in 1/4 inch thick slices or even thinner. Serves 4-6
    False
    Mustard Brown-Sugar Glazed Pork Chops

4 1-inch thick center cut pork chops
    1/4 cup Dijon mustard
    Pinch each of dried thyme and dried sage
    1/2 cup brown sugar

Wipe pork chops with a paper towel. Stir together mustard, thyme and sage. Coat pork chops well with the herb mixture. Press the brown sugar into the mustard. Place the pork chops into the flat standard basket in the rotisserie for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through. If not brown enough, postion the basket facing the heating element and turn the Pause to sear switch to off. Rotate 2-3 minutes more on each side. Serves 4.
    False

RE: Just ordered the showtime rotisserie need recipes.
    Posted by: Cubbybear Posted on: 7/19/2004 9:05:31 PM
    #R4043560

Rotisserie BBQ Chicken Thighs
    FromDebbiesKitchen.com

4-5 large chicken thighs
    Barbeque Sauce
    Season Salt
    Garlic Powder
    Pepper

Rinse chicken thighs in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.

Lay chicken thighs in a large bowl and add ½ of the bottle of barbeque sauce to the thighs.

Season the chicken thighs while in the bowl with your favorite seasonings such as season salt, garlic powder and pepper.

Use your hands and rub the barbeque sauce and seasonings deep into the chicken.

Lay the chicken thighs in your rotisserie basket and tighten them down with the wire lid tightly.

The chicken should be ready to eat in 60 minutes. Let the chicken stand undisturbed for several minutes then check to be sure the meat is cooked through.

False

These recipes look so good. I may have to dig out my rotisserie and try them out.
    False

RE: Rottisserie
    Posted by: ButterflyMaiden Posted on: 8/6/2003 9:38:13 AM
    #R1952430

I have only used mine for chicken so far, and I basically fill (well not all the way full, about 3/4 full) the cavity of the bird with sliced onions or a mix of sliced onions and green bell peppers and then make sure to tie so they won't fall out when turning.

I've used the sticky chicken spice recipe (although I cut way down on the salt and the cayenne) and I also use the durkee or Mccormick (I'm sure they are many brand names, but those are the 2 they sell in the grocery store here) grill mates/sensation spices. I just rub them into the chicken, and then set it in there and let it go.

I used to borrow the Showtime rotisserie from a friend of mine a few times a year, but a few weeks ago I bought one at a yardsale, practically brand new, but without the basket) for 10 bucks. It was a great find. I use it at least twice a week now. I have the small book that came with it, and will type in a few recipes for you. There's 16 recipes, and I only have time for a couple, but if you want the rest, let me know, and I'll copy them in here for you. Enjoy your cooker! Amy

False

RE: hey guys ive missed you!and i bought a showtime rotesserie and love it.anyone else have one and what do you think of it?
    Posted by: Mrs_Lucci_N_FL Posted on: 3/8/2005 11:52:38 AM
    #R5342177
    I can't find the thread....

I do have the steamer. I do agree with what everyone has said about clean up ... but the grill is just as bad. I normally put a piece of foil in the bottom tray -- and then spray the insert to the bottom tray with Pam.

I love roasts in mine... I'll make a dry rub of garlic, pepper and whatever else strikes my fancy and coat the roast. My friend says the fattier the roast the better... but I've done everything and it's all good.

I really like ribs -- I just put them in the basket and let them spin. After cooking I warm up some sauce with minced onion -- coat the ribs and serve. Yummeee.

Turkey breast is great too but brining makes it really good. Frankly, though I prefer turkey breast in the crockpot.

Whole chickens are great -- and most common thing I make.

You can't mess anything up with the rotisserie so experiment... it's kinda fun!

False

Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Sage
    Serves 4
    2 tsps rubbed sage 2 cloves garlic, minced
    ½ tsp freshly ground pepper ½ tsp salt
    2 pork tenderloins (1-½ to 2 lb) 4 slices bacon
    With a mortar and pestle rub the sage, garlic, pepper and salt together.
    Trim the pork of all fat and silverskin. Rub the sage mixture on the
    outside of the pork tenderloins. Wrap the pork with the bacon and secure
    with toothpicks.
    Rotate the pork, one on each spit rod, 30 to 35 minutes or until the
    internal temperature reaches 150 to 155 degrees on the instant
    thermometer and the bacon is cooked through. Remove bacon and slice
    pork on a diagonal to serve. Gail
    False
    http://www.popeilfamilystore.com/ultrotiss.html

This is a must-have with our Showtime Rotisseries!

You would think, after all these years cooking with our
    Ronco Showtime Rotisserie, we would have heard every
    recipe imaginable. The Ultimate Rotisserie Cookbook, by
    Diane Phillips, has proven us wrong and we couldn’t be happier.

This cookbook is one of the best we’ve seen for rotisserie cooking. Entertaining chapter introductions, exciting spices and sauces, and recipes that couldn’t be easier to follow, make this the ultimate rotisserie cookbook and it proves you can never become bored with using your Showtime Rotisserie!

Diane Phillips is the author of numerous cookbooks including
    The Soup Mix Gourmet, Pot Pies, and The Perfect Mix. She
    teaches her easy elegant approach to food at cooking
    schools throughout the country and is also a spokesperson
    and food consultant. She lives in San Diego, California.

$19.95

False