How Do You Clean a Congoleum DuraCeramic Tile Floor? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How Do You Clean a Congoleum DuraCeramic Tile Floor?

Last post May 19, 2006 1:02 PM by hot_tomato . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • How Do You Clean a Congoleum DuraCeramic Tile Floor?
    I just had this installed in my new kitchen and I am not sure what to use to clean it. The manufacturer recommends Congoleum Bright&Easy No Rinse Cleaner or "other suitable resiliant floor cleaner."

I don't want to buy the Congoleum product, but I'm not sure what brands of floor cleaners are suitable resiliant floor cleaners.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    False
  • RE: How Do You Clean a Congoleum DuraCeramic Tile Floor?
    Is it vinyl, laminate, or real tile???
    False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose
    It is vinyl.
    False
    bump
    False

I use Top Job or Mr. Clean. My floor is still bright and shiny after 15 years.
    False
    I used to have a shiny vinyl floor too. I would try some warm water with a little dishwashing detergent and try a bit of dishwasher rinse aid in it to avoid the water streaks. Just a thought and it won't hurt your floor.
    False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose
    I think that was our flooring in our old house (we moved not too long ago).

I used Armstrong Floor Cleaner.

I still have a partial bottle. It says, "No sticky residue to trap dirt." Also says, "Beautifully cleans no-wax and ceramic tile floors."

The liquid is blue.

I used Mr. Clean instead once in a while though, when I was feeling brave.

Say Hillsmom, I was looking for an awesome gf chocolate chip cookie recipe for one of our sons the other day on the BB. I wanted to "look you up", but I didn't know how.

Do you have any neato cookie/bar recipes? Any kind will do. This boy likes sweets, and he is a sweetie.

He got a 100% on a tough test and I wanted to treat him, but couldn't find anything to make.

Anyhoo, sorry to interrupt on your thread.

But thank you in advance for ANY recipes.

Hope you like your floor! (We had a little bit of our old flooring left over and had it installed in our entryway in this house. It's my favorite in the whole house.)

Angie
    False
    Once N Done no rinse floor cleaner. I buy it at Lowes.
    False
    I also use "Once 'n Done" Floor Cleaner from Home Depot or Lowes.
    My kitchen vinyl is 10 years old and still has a shine. Best part, no rinsing! However, I do need a new vinyl floor as the chair legs have worn it in spots. Does your vinyl look like ceramic tile?
    Rosemary
    False

Once & Done or vinegar and water! ;)
    False

Photobucket

Thanks, all. Vinegar and water would be great. I used to clean my floor with that and I really liked it, but it did make the shine get dull.

DuraCeramic is 16-inch vinyl tiles which look like real ceramic tile. It is a lot softer on your legs, though, and you don't have to deal with the grout. I think that it looks and feels great, and I don't want to ruin it by cleaning it with the wrong product.
    False
    I'll have to look for Once and Done, too. I have never seen it, but I haven't looked before.

Thanks again, everyone.
    False
    hot_tomato,

I made a wonderful Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe a couple of years ago. It is in one of the Bette Hagman cookbooks, which I still have packed up. I'll look for it this evening and send you the recipe.

I swear that no one will know that these cookies are not made with wheat flour! The only difference was that they seemed to dry out faster, but with a couple of kids at home, you probably won't have that problem.
    False
    We own a flooring store and I highlly recommend using the manufacturers products made for the floor.
    You could use any such as Once and Done or any other vinyl floor cleaner.
    They help keep the finish looking good and protected.
    DON'T use dishwashing liquid, Mr. Clean(except I think they have a special one) clothes washing soaps, Spic and Span or any other cleaning products unless they say right on the bottle-No residue build up for vinyl floors. Especially the ones like Mop and Glo that put down wax. The problem with most of the products is they have animal fats in them and over the years a minute film builds each time you use them and then will turn yellow and sticky.
    If you don't want to go to the expense or trouble then use vinegar water or plain amonnia water (not sudsy). Both of these will do good.
    But IMHO the products made for the flooring keep it looking nice longer.
    I envy you, the DuraCeramic is beautiful and tough.
    Sorry, probably more information than you wanted. Smile!
    ~~Leisa~~
    False
    Leisa,

That is EXACTLY the information that I wanted. Thank you so much.

What do you think of using the Armstrong Floor Cleaner on it. My local grocery store carries that, so it would be easy for me to get. I don't go to Home Depot or Lowes often and the flooring store where I purchased the DuraCeramic isn't very convenient to me.

Kathy
    False