Scones vs. Muffins...what is the difference? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Scones vs. Muffins...what is the difference?

Last post May 28, 2006 1:42 PM by Maurmaur_westcolo . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Scones vs. Muffins...what is the difference?
    Other than the shape between the two, what is the major difference between a scone and a muffin?

I've never eaten a scone.
    False
  • RE: Scones vs. Muffins...what is the difference?
    A scone is a biscuit with an attitude:) Seriously, I don't think there is a lot of difference, except for the shape. Someone else probably knows more about this than I do, and will give you a better answer.
    False
    I love scones! They have a texture like a drop biscuit. Served warm with butter & jam in the middle. YUM!!
    False
    Sorry, I didn't really answer your question. I was thinking you asked what the difference was between a scone and a biscuit. I would say the difference between a scone and a muffine has to do with the method of preparation, the shape, and I think a muffin would be a little sweeter.
    False
    I think there is a huge difference between the two. As someone else said a scone is like a Tea Biscuit, whereas a muffin is more like a cake in texture.
    False
    Go to google type in what is the difference between a scones and a muffin. You will find a lot of answers. On why. Texture and quality of each item.
    False
    When I make scones, I use a recipe called Rich Scones. It has an egg, milk and butter as well as sugar in it plus sugar for sprinkling on top. They taste different that the rolled biscuits.

Scones are traditionally triangular, but I have seen several that are cut out with a round biscuit cutter, so they look a lot like a biscuit.
    False
    A scone is made with a stiff dough (like a sweet biscuit) and when you sit it on a cookie sheet, it will sit there.
    A muffin is more like a cake and the batter is runny. If you were to put it on a cookie sheet it would run and become a flat puddle.
    False
    good explanation cookiecarol!!!!
    False