Got Any Good Soft "No Chew" Recipes? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Got Any Good Soft "No Chew" Recipes?

Last post Jun 06, 2006 2:14 AM by volsnbeer . 54 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 4 (55 items) 1234
  • Got Any Good Soft "No Chew" Recipes?
    I had 14 teeth removed yesterday, all my back top and bottom teeth. Until all these openings heal, I'm going to be on a soft food diet and as most of you know....I like to eat! LOL None of this living on mashed potatoes, pudding and Jello for me. I need some good regular meals that don't require chewing. Got anything good for me?

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
  • RE: Got Any Good Soft
    John..I'd say marguerita and daquiris are the way to go!
    False
    sorry I posted before I was done...the first thing that came to mind was omlets and quiche..you could add anything just make sure it is diced very small ( ie; ham, crumbled bacon, zucchini etc), alos some hearty soups like ham & bean, just puree it...sausage gravy would be good but if it were my biscuits I probably could have saved you a dentist bill by breaking your teeth away! LOL!
    Feel better..
    luv, Sue
    False
    I felt the pain as I read that. I had 12 pulled at one time and lived on oatmeal and yogurt for a month. Soup was something else I had. Good luck on the healing.
    False
    If it were me I'd make enchiladas and put into food processer and just pulse 1 time, serve and inhale. I love the tortilla soup mixes. I just add lots of cheese. Have you ever made Sue's (gavingrma) blueberry muffins. They are soft and don't require a lot of chewing. In fact I don't think I stopped to chew..grin. I'll print when I'm through. That must have been so painful. lol. Robin

False
    submitted by Tory Ross
    Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins

2 cups biscuit/baking mix
    3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
    2 eggs
    1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
    1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*

In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 3/4 cup sugar. In another bowl, combine
    the eggs and sour cream; stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Fold
    in blueberries. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with
    remaining sugar.
    Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
    minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen. Editor's Note:
    If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to batter.

So easy and delish!

False
    lol john i know the feeling. i had 18 pulled at one time and they trimmed some bone off my jaw. i lived on popsicles!
    False

Melt in your Mouth Creamy Chicken

4 boneless chicken breasts
    1 pkg. dried Italian salad dressing mix
    1 small onion, sliced
    1 clove garlic, minced
    2 T. melted butter
    1 can Cream of Chicken soup
    8 oz. cream cheese
    1/2 C. chicken broth

Lay chicken in crockpot.
    Sprinkle with Italian dressing
    mix, pour melted butter over. Sprinkle onions & garlic over all. Cook on low 5-6
    hours.
    About 45 minutes before you're ready to eat, remove the chicken & set aside.
    Add the cream cheese & soup to crockpot, stirring occassionally until smooth.
    While the cream cheese is melting,
    cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
    Once the cream cheese & soup
    are smooth, add cut-up chicken back to the crockpot.
    Thin with chicken broth, if desired.
    Heat through.

Serve over biscuits, noodles or potatoes.

I would just put chicken in the food processer and pulse. But I think this would work great. lol...Robin

False
    RE: Nappy are you lurking by any chance?
    Posted by: nappy_129 Posted on: 12/5/2005 10:38:55 AM
    #R6815956
    Whipped Shortbread Cookies

These melt in your mouth. The secret. The beating
    1 cup of butter (must be real butter)softened 1 1/2 cups of white flour 1/2 cup of icing sugar Combine all ingredients and beat for 10 min.Or until very white and fluffy
    Drop from teaspoon onto cookie sheet or use a cookie press and decorate Bake at 350 deg for 15 to 17 minutes or until bottoms are slightly browned. Makes 13 dozen small cookies.
    Keep in air tight container Will keep up to 5 weeks.
    HIDE! if you want them for Christmas

Footsie Note, for variety you can probably add almond, lemon or orange extract to these.
    False

I'm so sorry, John! That sounds so awful...I hope you heal quickly!

Do you have to chew pasta? Yes, I guess...Garlic cheese grits with minced shrimp would be good! Really great pureed soups-hot or cold. (Do you have an immersion blender? Silly question-you have every gadget under the sun! LOL!!!)
    Good luck, John!
    :)
    Ellen
    False
    bump :)
    False
    Boy John, that sure brings back memories! Been there, done that.Anyway this is what I made.

Boil 1- lb. hamberger w/chopped onion in a small amount of water.Breaking up as it cooks. Serve this with the broth over mashed potatoes or whatever you think you can eat. I did the potatoes. I also made cauliflower w/cheese sauce as a side. Wasn't much on deserts. I am a meat & potatoe person. I topped my meals off with a tall glass of milk.

A martini before don't hurt either! Hope you don't swell up too much.. Will be thinking about you. Good Luck!!
    False
    John, these cookies have a cake like texture. They are a favorite of 2 of my sons!

JUMBO GINGER COOKIES

½ cup shortening, part butter
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 Tbsp molasses
    2 cups flour
    ½ tsp baking soda
    ½ tsp salt
    1 tsp ginger
    ½ tsp nutmeg
    ¼ tsp cloves
    ¾ cup sour milk
    1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients. Cream shortening, sugar, eggs and molasses until fluffy. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk. Chill. Drop by rounded table spoons on lightly greased cookie sheets and bake at 400 for 10 – 13 min. utill lightly browned. I frost these with butter cream icing made with orange juice and some orange zest.

I quite often make them smaller and cut back the baking time.

Anita

False
    Forgot to say the most important part!! Wish you a speedy recovery and hope all goes well! You may not feel like making cookies! LOL Take care.

Anita
    False
    {{{John}}}...shall I come and mix the drinks for you? **VBG**

Thinking of you, dood!

~~susie.

False