ISO: Scrambled Eggs Boiled In A Zip Lock Bag? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Scrambled Eggs Boiled In A Zip Lock Bag?

Last post Jun 07, 2006 12:23 PM by Kate11 . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • ISO: Scrambled Eggs Boiled In A Zip Lock Bag?
    Hi Everyone! I saw a recipe used for camping were you take a scrambled egg mixture(eggs and maybe chopped green pepper, onion and ham?)and boil it inside a plastic food storage baggie. I'm not sure if I saw it here or somewhere else. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks bunches! Ü
    False
  • RE: ISO: Scrambled Eggs Boiled In A Zip Lock Bag?
    Here it is:

OMELETS IN A BAG
    Magic before your eyes

1. Have each person use permanent marker to write their name on a QUART-SIZE freezer bag with a zipper-type closure.

2. Crack two (2) eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag, not more than two. Shake to combine them.

3. Have each person add whatever ingredients (cheese, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, etc.) they choose. Shake bag. Squeeze out the air and zip it up.

4. Place the bags into water that's at a rolling boil for 13 minutes. You can usually cook six (6) to eight (8) omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.

5. Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily and will be cooked to perfection.

You will be amazed.
    Enjoy.
    False
    If you type "omelete in a bag" into the search, there are lots of post about this. I have tried it and it works well. Others are thinking that it isn't safe.
    False
    Well, that's really cool. I'll have to try it someday!
    False
    "If I have ventured wrongly, very well, life then helps me with its penalty. But if I haven't ventured at all, who helps me then?"
    Thanks so much for your help AlabamaGal and ChocolateQueen!Have a great day! Ü
    False
    These work great and I've never had a problem with the bags. Sent this to my granddaughter and she uses it all the time and everyone I know that has tried it says = works great!

pegg
    False

pegg

My daughter-in-law sent me this recipe. Apparently it's making the rounds on the internet. Boiled omelets sounds disgusting. Yuck!
    False
    Richlin the omlets aren't boiled. The heat of the boiling water cooks the omlets. If you'd like some fat in your omlet put a bit of butter into the sack before you close it. They are really good and doing them this way saves fat calories. Carol
    False

Carol

I tried it and they turned out great!
    Easy and no mess, much better than trying to do them individually in a fry pan.

Davarenee
    False
    I have a picture of them if anyone is interested, email me at deloresmorrowjoy@msn.com.

False
    When I don't feel like cooking I have been making these for a couple of years now -

Toast some bread and I am ready

NO DISHES!!!!

Kate
    False