Another Freezer ???--How Long Can You Freeze Butter? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Another Freezer ???--How Long Can You Freeze Butter?

Last post Jun 07, 2006 11:49 AM by charleezangel_OH . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • Another Freezer ???--How Long Can You Freeze Butter?
    I know I've asked a couple of freezer questions in the past, but here I go again. How long can you freeze butter (not margarine, but real butter)?

As always, thanks in advance for all of the responses I know I'll receive.
    False

Charleezangel_OH "My Chocolate Lab Owns My Heart!"

• RE: Another Freezer ???--How Long Can You Freeze Butter?

http://www.wisdairy.com/OtherDairyProductInfo/Butter/CookingWithButter/Tips.aspx

Q: How long can butter be kept in the refrigerator? What about in the freezer?

A:You can store butter (opened or unopened) up to one month in a refrigerator set at 40° F or colder. Opened butter cartons or unwrapped sticks should always be put in a separate refrigerator compartment or in a covered butter dish to prevent them from absorbing other food odors.

For long term storage, butter (in any form) can be frozen for up to four months at 20° to 30° F, or up to one year at -10°F. Keep in mind that freezing for longer periods of time may affect the quality of flavor and texture. To freeze, place butter carton or sticks in a plastic freezer bag or wrap tightly with heavy-duty foil. If you’re unsure about whether to use butter that’s been stored, check the coding date marked on each butter container. This represents four months after production, so for best quality, butter should be used by that date

False

• RE: Another Freezer ???--How Long Can You Freeze Butter?
    Footsie, thanks for the really great information. I'll be sure to keep this info close to my freezer for easy reference in the future.
    False

Charleezangel_OH "My Chocolate Lab Owns My Heart!"