Whatever Happened To Thank You Brand Canned Lemon Pie Filling? In Need Of A Good Tart Recipe Please. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Whatever Happened To Thank You Brand Canned Lemon Pie Filling? In Need Of A Good Tart Recipe Please.

Last post Jun 21, 2006 4:27 PM by cjintexas . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • Whatever Happened To Thank You Brand Canned Lemon Pie Filling? In Need Of A Good Tart Recipe Please.
    Our family loves good tart lemon meringue pies and we used to use Thank You Brand pie filling, but I haven't been able to find it for a couple years.
    Have you got any recipes that are good and tart? If I can come up with one, I'll put a big smile on my father in laws face this 4th of July.
    Thanks for any help you can give.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
  • RE: Whatever Happened To Thank You Brand Canned Lemon Pie Filling? In Need Of A Good Tart Recipe Please.
    John, how bout you use the pudding part of this pie, it sure is delish~! I like to add the zest too.

Lemon Truffle Pie

This fantastic pie has a cream cheese and white chocolate base and a tart lemon topping. It's one of my favorites!
    INGREDIENTS:

9" pie crust, baked and cooled
    1 cup sugar
    2 Tbsp. cornstarch
    2 Tbsp. flour
    1 cup water
    2 egg yolks
    1 Tbsp. butter
    1/3 cup lemon juice
    1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips
    8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened

PREPARATION:

Beat egg yolks in a small bowl. Combine sugar, cornstarch and flour in a heavy saucepan. Using a wire whisk, stir in water until smooth. Cook this mixture over medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly.

Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir about 1/4 cup of cooked mixture into egg yolks and blend. Return egg yolk mixture to saucepan and cook 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon juice.
    Transfer 1/2 cup of the cooked lemon filling to a small bowl with the white chocolate chips. Set rest of lemon filling aside. Microwave the chip mixture on low 1-2 minutes or until chips are melted, stirring until smooth. Beat cream cheese and add vanilla chip-lemon filling mixture and beat well. Spread over cooled crust. Spoon lemon mixture over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 4 hours to set. 8 servings
    False
  • RE: Whatever Happened To Thank You Brand Canned Lemon Pie Filling? In Need Of A Good Tart Recipe Please.
    I just use the cooked lemon pie filling and only add 1/2 the amt sugar called for or even less.

Jill
    False
    John -

I believe that the pie filling has been discontinued. There is a website you can check to see if products are still available. Try www.hometownfavorites.com.

Judy

False
    John -

I forgot to add that you can email them and they will try to find the product for you.

False
    Sure do appreciate the help and advice. I'm still going to keep looking for a lemon filling that's so tart that the sides of the pie pan pucker up when it's added to the crust. *grin*

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Comstock/Wilderness makes a lemon pie filling.

http://www.birdseyefoods.com/comstock/flavors.asp
    False
    John, I was looking for the Thank You Brand Canned Lemon Pie Filling, looks like the birds eye brand bought that company out so now its Comstock & wilderness....don't know if you have tried there brand or not.....just thought you should know...God Bless...Lisa
    False

Waving to John!!!
    ;)
    Ellen
    False
    Waving to John!!!
    ;)
    Ellen
    False
    Hi, Mr. John!!!
    ;)
    Ellen
    False
    Good Morning Ellen :-)!
    False

John

John

John, I thought of you at the store the other day~They had Morton's Hot salt on clearance for 49c, so I bought some, in your honor! LOL! Now, what do I DO with it?!?! I am pretty sure you have talked about it on the BB?!?!
    :)
    Ellen
    False
    Thank you mav63 and Lisa.

Ellen, I bumped up a post of Hot Salt recipes for you.

John
    False

John

John

Found it, thank you, John!
    Now I need to post my favorite lemon dessert for you. Don't know if it will make you pucker, but it is GOOOOOOD!!!
    :)
    Ellen

Lemon Almond Tart
    (Mom3boys)

Almond Pastry:
    1 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 teas. salt
    2 Tbs. sugar
    2 oz. almond paste (1/4 cup)
    6 Tbs. chilled butter
    1 egg yolk
    Lemon Filling:
    2-3 medium lemons
    4 Tbs. butter, melted
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup sour cream
    3/4 cup sugar

For the pastry: adjust oven rack to low position and preheat to 350. Put the flour, salt, 2 Tbs. sugar and almond paste in the workbowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse mixture until it resembles coarse meal. Cut the butter into 1" pieces and add to the processor. Pulse until dough holds together when pinched.
    Press the dough evenly over the bottom and up the sides of a 9" tart pan with a removable bottom. (Can wrap the crust in the pan and freeze up to 2 days; defrost before baking). Transfer the tart pan to a baking sheet and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
    For the filling: grate 2 teaspoons of lemon zest and squeeze 1/3 cup lemon juice into a medium bowl. Whisk in melted butter and then eggs, sour cream and 3/4 cup sugar. Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust and return the pan to the oven, baking until set, about 15 minutes. Transfer the tart, in the pan, to a wire rack to cool to room temp. (Can cover & refrigerate overnite). To serve: dust with powdered sugar and a strawberry, and serve at room temperature.
    Excellent combination of flavors-a huge hit at our dinner club!!! Long recipe, but really very simple to do!
    False