Can I Freeze Macaroni Salad?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can I Freeze Macaroni Salad??

Last post May 21, 2013 4:10 AM by silverwolfvjs . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Can I Freeze Macaroni Salad??
    I made some Monday, not knowing how many guys were going to be here... I have quite a bit leftover. DH and I are enjoying eating it, but I'm worried about it going bad before we can finish it (or we get tired of it). I'm wondering if I can freeze it or not. If I do, will it thaw out and be mushy, or just fine????????

Thanks bunches:)

False
    Check out my blog, www.mycountrycupboard.blogspot.com to see how I do it!
  • RE: Can I Freeze Macaroni Salad??
    hmm.. maybe I should post what's in it! It is macaroni, egg, onion, green pepper, mayo, mustard and vinegar.
    False
    I would be concerned with having mayo in it to freeze it. Just my opinion. Do you know of a elderly person or new mother or shelter or community center that may enjoy some macaroni salad? You could share.
    False
    No sorry, You really shouldn't freeze macaronio salad. I found this for you on a google search.

Question: Gerry,
    I would like to know if you can freeze potato and macaroni salad. Marilyn

Answer:
    Hello Marilyn: If your salads have mayonaise in them, I would not freeze them. They tend to separate, and break-down and generally don't take to freezing well.
    Gerry, in California

False
    macaronio - I think I just made a new word. LOL.
    False
    thanks!! That's a big help... I would give some to my in-laws, but they are leaving for a long weekend tomorrow morning :(

Now I know:)
    False
  • Re: Can I Freeze Macaroni Salad??

Hello, I made macaroni salad 5/20/13, and we could not finish all of it as there was quite a lot left over.  I just hate to throw food away, and was wondering if I can freeze it, and I also understand that it would have to be thawed in the refrigerator before eating..  Thank you so much for your help & take care~~~     Hmm   

False