Do you peel zucchini to make bread? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do you peel zucchini to make bread?

Last post Jul 12, 2006 1:40 PM by OnTheGoMom . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Do you peel zucchini to make bread?
    I'm about to make zucchini bread and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to peel it before I shred it. Thanks!!!
    False
  • RE: Do you peel zucchini to make bread?
    You can make it either way. It just depends on if you want the specks of green throughout your bread. I have made it both ways.
    False
    I just usually wash it good, cut out any bad spots and grate it skin and all!
    False
    Thank you!!! I'll leave the skin on.
    False
    I dont peel zucchini for any recipe calling for it.
    Karla
    False
    Karla
    Well, I got my bread in the oven. My BIL gave me 2 huge zucchinis yesterday out of his friend's garden. One of these zucchinis is enough to make 4 loaves of bread!
    False
    3littlebirdsKY:
    I hope you used the recipe off this BB called Extra Special Zucchini Bread. I forget who posted it but it is awesome. I made it yesterday, but used pecans instead of walnuts.
    False
    Forgot to say I don't peel the zucchini.
    False
    I peel it when I want it hidden, and, when I don't care if you can tell it's zucchini, I leave the skin on. I have kind of picky kids, so if I tell them it's spice bread they will eat it before they will eat zucchini bread, but if they see the green, I'm out of luck.
    Reminds me of a story about my little dd a few years ago, when she found the piece of zucchini peel in the last bite of banana/zucchini bread, and pulled it out yelling "this is bikini bread, you tricked me". I still giggle on that one.
    So, I am no help at all.
    KathyLu
    False
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us." Marianne Williamson http://www.wherearethecows.webs.com/
    I only peel it if it got too big and then the rind is tough. If it is a smaller one the skin is nice and tender, then I leave it on...
    False
    I found the reicpe for Zucchini bread and I'm posting it for anyone interested.

Rec & Rev: Extra Special Zucchini Bread-Excellant
    Posted by: csharris_LA Replies: 7 Posted on: 6/24/2006 3:49:44 PM
    #T689615
    My neighbor gave us some of this bread earlier this week ladies and I tried a piece of it on Wed. It was absolutely delicious, I have always felt I made a mean zucchini bread, but this one takes the cake. It is a definate keeper. I haven't made it myself, but have definately had a taste of the best of the best.With the diabetes it was a small taste test, but well worth it! Give it a try if you so desire. Connie

Extra Special Zucchini Bread
    3 eggs
    2 C. sugar
    1 C. oil
    1 tsp. vanilla
    8 oz. cream cheese
    2 C. flour
    1 tsp. soda
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. nutmeg
    2 C. chopped walnuts
    2 C. shredded zucchini
    Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9x5 pans or seven 5x3 pans.
    In large bowl beat eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until smooth. Beat in cream cheese.In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon,salt and nutmeg. On low speed, gradually beat into the egg mixture. Fold in walnuts and zucchini. Evenly divide batter between the two prepared pans or the seven smaller pan. Bake at 350 for 60 mins. for the large size, or 35 minutes for the smaller loaves or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 mins. on a wire rack. Turn out of pans and allow to cool completely.

False
    I don't. I wash well and grate: peel & all.
    False