How Long Can Freezer meals stay frozen?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How Long Can Freezer meals stay frozen??

Last post Jul 23, 2006 9:38 PM by ConnieMarie . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • How Long Can Freezer meals stay frozen??
    I was reading an organized home site and it said to start making meals for December in September. Will freezer meals keep that long? It was an oganized Christmas site, and they also said to start making cookie dough and freezing it to make in December, has anyone frozen things for that long? It would be alot of help in a busy time, but would everything still taste good?

Thanks, Jolene
    False
  • RE: How Long Can Freezer meals stay frozen??
    Hi Jolene,
    Do you have a FoodSaver or other brand vacuum sealer? You can make make-ahead meals in the disposable aluminum pans and freeze them, then vacuum seal them and they will keep for a long, long time. We ate a pork roast that had been in our deep freeze for 3 years a couple months back and it had none of the "old" taste that pork can get when frozen too long.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    I agree with Mike - a food saver is definitely a help - no freezer burn if there is no air.

I've frozen cookie dough and main dishes for months and it's been find. Living alone but liking casseroles a freezer helps tremendously.
    False
    sorry sorry sorry

John - not Mike!!!!!
    False