What type of beer works best in beer bread? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What type of beer works best in beer bread?

Last post Jul 22, 2006 12:49 PM by ZeeRN_PA . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • What type of beer works best in beer bread?
    I have a Tastefully Simple beer bread mix that I want to make over the weekend. I only have light beer and I'm thinking it may be too subtle to use in the mix. Should I use a heavier, stronger beer to get the best results?

Thanks....

Kim
    False
  • RE: What type of beer works best in beer bread?
    we use a dark beer when I make it.
    False
    I like it with light beer. It is mild in flavor but I'm not a beer lover to begin with.
    chefly
    False

Bud lite, I didn't use a mix?
    False

Photobucket

I use Old Milwaukee for a couple reasons.
    1. I like the lighter beer.
    2. It goes flat fast, and my recipe calls for flat beer. I can get it flat in 45 minutes to 3 hours time.
    3. It's cheap!
    Amy
    False
    I posted an ale bread recipe awhile ago and have only used light beer--I'm not a beer drinker and that's all I have. Everyone loves it and can taste the beer flavor.
    False
    I made the Tastefully Simple beer bread with Miller Lite. We really liked it. In fact, I think someone at the office needs to have another party soon, I need more of their products. : )
    False
    Here is my clone of tastefully simple beer bread, I use any beer I have in the house
    Beer Bread

Recipe Introduction
    Tried to clone the Tastefully Simple recipe, Came very close
    List of Ingredients
    3 cups self rising flour
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 (12 oz.) beer can be non alcoholic or light beer
    1/4 cup melted butter

Recipe
    Stir together first 3 ingredients, pour into a lightly greased 9 x 5 loaf pan. Pour butter of top of dough. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or till golden brown.

You can add chives, bacon, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, onion powder or anything to make it a different taste
    Linda
    False
    My friend, Sandi, insists Keystone is the only beer to use for cooking/baking/drinking. Guess that means to cook/bake/drink the same beer you enjoy. :O)
    False
    Life is like an onion, you peel off one layer at a time & sometimes you weep.
    I use whatever happens to be around. No one in the house is much of a beer drinker and we usually only have some on hand for a friend of my husband's who he plays guitar with. We all like beer bread, though!
    False
    "If I have ventured wrongly, very well, life then helps me with its penalty. But if I haven't ventured at all, who helps me then?"