Measuring cream cheese? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Measuring cream cheese?

Last post Aug 07, 2006 1:38 PM by ZeeRN_PA . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Measuring cream cheese?
    My recipe calls for 1/4 cup cream cheese. Now the packaged is measured by WEIGHT, not volume, so I can't be sure that 1/4 cup = 2 oz.

Does anyone know, offhand, if 1/4 cup cream cheese is HALF of my 8-oz pkg. or 1/4 of my 8-oz pkg?
    False
    "If I have ventured wrongly, very well, life then helps me with its penalty. But if I haven't ventured at all, who helps me then?"
  • RE: Measuring cream cheese?
    I think it's measured by weight...maybe it is volume. Kraftfoods website was no help.
    False
    "If I have ventured wrongly, very well, life then helps me with its penalty. But if I haven't ventured at all, who helps me then?"
    I'd say it would be 1/4 of the package.
    False
    I have always measured cream cheese the same as butter.
    1 stick is 8 oz. or 1/2 cup.

I would say that 1/2 of an 8 oz. pack of cream cheese would be 1/4 cup.

Hope I am right because that is the way I have always figured it. LOL

Nancy.
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Well I just had the most hilarious and frustrating conversation with a Kraftfoods' representative.

I asked for the conversion; she said it can't be done. I said, well obviously it can be done...someone has to know how much cream cheese fills a cup. She said, no it can't be done because it is measured in grams, not liquid volume. I said I KNOW THAT but hasn't anyone at Kraftfoods EVER measured it in CUPS? and have it written down somewhere how much it is? She said it can't be done because it is measured in grams...LOL.

I guess I'm cramming the cream cheese into a measuring cup and figuring it out. LOL. Maybe I'll sell the information to Kraft since they don't have the technology to do it.
    False
    Oh, just read your input. LOL. Thanks, guys!!
    False