Zucchini Bread - Do you peel zucchini? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Zucchini Bread - Do you peel zucchini?

Last post Aug 17, 2006 9:59 PM by lovetocook5 . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Zucchini Bread - Do you peel zucchini?
    Hi: I have never made zucchini bread, so I searched and found some recipes. I have a couple of questions, though. Do you peel the zucchini; and what is the difference between grating and shredding? Stephanie
    False
  • RE: Zucchini Bread - Do you peel zucchini?
    I didn't peel my zucchini. Really don't know the difference between the shredding or grating - figured they were the same.
    False

I just made some a week or so ago and didn't peal. I don't know that you could tell or find it in any way unappealing. (Is that a play on words? Unintentional, Ha ha.)

I think grating and shredding are the same.
    False
    I don't peel mine... and is always fine!

♥Marcia
    False
    Thanks, everyone. Now I am going to make a loaf. Stephanie
    False
    I made this last week, and my kids loved it. I did not peel the zucchini, I also left out the nuts, because some of my children do not like them. This is definitely a keeper in our house. Gail
    False
    You can peel it or not, but I do. But let me tell you, you called it bread, well mine may be different then yours but mine has sugar, vanilla, cocoa and cinnamon. Along with that mine is frosted. I call mine a cake and it’s a darn good cake.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

3 eggs 2 ½ c. flour
    1 c. oil ½ c. cocoa
    1 ¾ c. sugar 3 tsp. Baking soda
    1 tsp. vanilla 1 tsp. Baking powder
    2 c. zucchini 1 Tbls. Cinnamon`
    ½ tsp. salt.

Beat together first 4 ingredients. Sift together cry ingredients and add to moist mixture. Add zucchini. Bake in 2 greased and floured bread pans. Bake at 350º for 1 hour or until done.

If you would like to frost these.

Philly Frosting

1 – 3oz. Pkg. Philly cream cheese softened
    1 – Tbls. Milk
    ½ tsp vanilla
    3 c. sifted powdered sugar

Combine cream cheese, milk and vanilla. Mixing until well blended. Gradually add sugar beating until light & fluffy.

And remember it has vegetables in it, zucchini, cocoa, from the cocoa bean, beans are a veggie, sugar from the sugar beet or sugar cane, don’t know about sugar cane, but sugar beets are veggies. So it must be healthy. Enjoy and save me a piece.
    False
    Well folks, don’t know exactly what happened to this recipe, but it was word perfect on my Micorsoft word program. But if you try you’ll get the drift. Wet stuff together and dry stuff together then zucchini, then frosting.
    False
    I peel mine but then my DH does not think he likes zucchini prepared any other way then deep fried. So if he sees green specks he won't touch it. LOL
    Paulettea your cake sounds really good. Copied to try later.

Nancy
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Paulettea, that cake sounds delicious. Thanks to everyone for their comments. I just made a loaf & didn't peel the zucchini so I guess if I don't like it that way, I'll peel it the next time. Stephanie
    False
    Paulette ~~ I have recipes for zucchini bread, zucchini bars, and chocolate zucchini cake.

You might be interested in the slight difference between your recipe and mine (found this in our latest church cookbook). Try adding ½ tsp of nutmeg to your recipe ~~ it's wonderful. Then, instead of frosting, I top mine with choc. chips and chopped walnuts before baking. This eliminates the need for the frosting.

Just thought you'd like to know.

♥Sandy
    False
    Love to Cook 5
    Stephanie ~~ I forgot to mention that I have never peeled the zucchini, and it always works fine. No sense going to the extra work if you don't have to.....

♥Sandy
    False
    Love to Cook 5