Rice Krispie Treat Maker | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Rice Krispie Treat Maker

Last post Dec 04, 2012 1:43 AM by tastetess . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Rice Krispie Treat Maker
    I bought this a few years ago and now I can't find the recipe to use with it. I'm sure someone else must have one and can tell me the measurements. You make and serve the treats in the plastic container.

Thanks,
    Lori
    False
  • RE: Rice Krispie Treat Maker
    I did a search for you. Here come all different types of Rice Krispie Treats. Enjoy!

~Teri

Posted by: MTnanna Posted on: 8/2/2001 9:51:57 PM
    #R1132
    I would like to reply to MomAtHome:
    I have a great recipe for Peanut Butter Krispies:
    1 C light corn syrup
    1 C Peanut Butter
    12 oz Chocolate Chips
    1 C sugar
    4-4 1/2 C Rice Krispies

Bring corn syrup & sugar to a rolling boil ONLY. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Mix well. Pour over rice krispies. Pat in pan. Melt chips and spread over rice krispies. Cut into bars.

I usually put the bars in the fridge for a few minutes to "firm" them up.

ENJOY!!
    False

Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
    posted by: Jenna1119

19oz. or so of rice krispies
    2 c. brown sugar
    1 c. butter
    1-3/4 c. light corn syrup (I used dark)
    1 can sweetened condensed milk.

Place cereal in bowl and set aside. Boil in saucepan, sugar, butter and syrup for 3 min. Remove from heat and stir in milk. Pour over cereal and mix well.
    Pat into greased 9x13 pan

Jenna said that this recipe made 2 pans. Someone had suggested using 10 cups of cereal. Like I said, I cut it in half (using 10 cups) and it still made alot.
    False

Caramel Crispy Treats II
    Submitted by Cheryl Gross
    www.allrecipes.com

4 (2.05 oz) milky way bars
    3/4 cup butter or margarine (divided)
    3 cups Rice Crispies
    1 cup milk chocolate chips

1. In microwave, or in the top of a double boiler, melt candy bars & 1/2 cup butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Stir in cereal until well blended. Press into a greased 11 x 7 inch pan.
    2. Melt chocolate chips and remaining
    1/4 cup butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and spread over the top of the bars. Refrigerate for one hour, or until firm; cut into squares.
    False

Awesome Rice Krispy treats
    submitted by Sassy

Make regular recipe for rice krispy bars and place in cake pan...set aside

In double boiler melt

48 kraft caramels (one bag)
    1 can sweetened condensed milk (small)
    1/2 jar (small) of marshmallow cream
    1/2 stick butter
    1 tsp vanilla

Pour this mixture over the top of the bars and spread to the edges of the pan. Place in frig to cool...meanwhile

Make another batch of bars and place them on top of the caramel mixture.

Let set for about an hour and then cut into bars.

The caramels stay sooo gooey it runs down your chin when you bite into it.
    False

According to one of my favorite cookbook authors, Ann Hodgman, of "Beat This," "Beat That" and "One Bite Won't Kill You," the secret to fantastic Rice Krispie Treats is this:

"You're only hurting yourself if you don't make your RK Treats with actual Kellogg's "Rice Krispies Treats" - flavored cereal, instead of plain old Rice Krispies cereal.

And while you're at it, the bars will be a lot better if you also use less cereal than in the standard recipe. The "treat" in RK Treats is the marshmallow part, not the crisp part."

Her measurements:

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
    5 cups miniature marshmallows
    4 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats cereal
    M&M's (strictly optional)

Grease 9x13 pan. Melt butter & marshmallows together in a large saucepan on very low heat, stirring frequently. When they are smoother, stir in the cereal.

Butter your hands and press the mixture into the prepared pan. Why not go ahead and press a few M&Ms on top while you're at it. Cook completely and cut into bars.

False

Thanks Teri for the recipes, but what I was really looking for is the recipe that came with the Rice Krispie Treat maker. That recipe would be the correct size to use with the plastic container. I purchased it from QVC a few years ago.

Thanks,
    Lori
    False
  • Re: Rice Krispie Treat Maker

LoriJ This is the recipe for our Kellog's Rice Krispie Treat Maker from my instruction booklet for this device.

Traditional Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats

3 TB Margarine or Butter

1 package (10oz) regular marshmallows (or 4 Cups Miniature Marshmallows)

6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal

1. Assemble Treats Maker and coat with cooking spray
    2. Microwave margarine and marshmallows at HIGH 2 minutes in Maker
    3. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth.  Add Cereal, stirring until well coated. Be Sure t stir marshmallow mixture from bottom of pan.  Press mixture evenly in pan. Make cutting marks with the Treat's Maker.   Let Cool
    4. Push the Treats Maker cutter down firmly to cut into individual bars.  Remove the insert from the pan and serve   OR   Completely remove the insert from the pan and then slide the Rice Krispies Treats on to a cutting board.  Carefully cut all the way through with a sharp knife.  Cut again for smaller portions if desired.

Store covered in the Treats Maker.

False