Anyone used Mrs. Wages or Ball spaghetti sauce seasoning for canning? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Anyone used Mrs. Wages or Ball spaghetti sauce seasoning for canning?

Last post Aug 28, 2006 5:48 PM by moly . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Anyone used Mrs. Wages or Ball spaghetti sauce seasoning for canning?
    I have a half bushel of tomatoes to make into sauce and need your input on these two seasoning mixes. How is the taste of the finished product? Do you remove the seeds when you prepare the tomatoes?
    False
  • RE: Anyone used Mrs. Wages or Ball spaghetti sauce seasoning for canning?
    For the spaghetti sauce you need the meaty tomatoes, if you are using regular tomatoes, DH said you have to remove the seeds or they will make your sauce bitter.

I use the BALL seasoning mix. Personally I add a lot more oregano at the same time I add the pkg.

I make enough to keep my family for two years at a time. Best of luck and sure hope you enjoy the sauce. Oh, now when you go to use it, your sauce will be a darker red then the store bought sauce, so don't let that alarm you when you actually use it for the first time.

Good luck
    False
    I have only used Mrs. Wages for making spaghetti sauce, and never used it for canning, but I love the favor. And it is cheaper than buying canned sauce, and tastes better, but is just as quick to use.
    False
    I use the Mrs. WAges and it is very good. I have even used the sphagetti sauce in lasgne. jeanette
    False
    I've used Mrs. Wages for salsa and it was very good.
    False
    Thank you all for your input. It goes into the jars today. Now if the elves would just come do it for me.
    False
    I made both and thought the Mrs. Wages was far superior to the Ball. Of course, I like my sauce spicy. I'll have to add more spices and some hot pepper anyway when I open the jars to make winter pasta.
    False