Rival Crock Pot BBQ Pit Cookbook | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Rival Crock Pot BBQ Pit Cookbook

Last post Aug 28, 2006 3:11 PM by kathytn . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Rival Crock Pot BBQ Pit Cookbook
    Hi there, I'm fairly new and wondered if anyone has the BBQ Pit Cookbook...I'm looking for a Chicken Breast Recipe..I have misplaced mine and the Rival website seems to be down. Thanks for your help

Kathy
    False
  • RE: Rival Crock Pot BBQ Pit Cookbook
    bump
    False
    bump for someone that has this handy, mine is at home..sorry I couldn't help
    False
    Hi, I have my book out, there seems to be only one chicken breast recipe in it, Lemon Lime Chicken. Let me know if you are still here and I will post it. I'll check back in a bit.
    False
    Hi Hobo3...yes, I'm still here and I would love to have the recipe, have you made any type of chicken breasts in this BBQ pit? I usually do a pork shoulder, but haven't done the breasts yet...not sure if they brown or not by having them on the rack?

Thanks for your help. Kathy
    False
    Hi Kathy, no I haven't tried much with my BBQ Pit. I need to get on that! It's been so long that I can't remember what I even tried, other than I did try some steak and it was a disaster. Anyways here is the recipe and let me know how it turns out.

Lemon Lime Chicken

4 split chicken breasts (bone in and skin on)
    Juice of 1 lemon and 1 Lime (about 1/2cup)
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/2 cup finely minced sweet onion
    2 tbsp dried parsley
    8 cloves of garlic, minced (about 1/4 cup)
    1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    salt and pepper

Rinse and dry the chicken breasts and place in a ziplock bag or bowl. Combine all ingredients except chicken in bowl and blend well. Pour 3/4 of the marinade over chicken and marinate for 1 hour. Reserve the remainder of the marinade.

Remove chicen from marinade and place chicken on rack. Cook on High for 1 1/2 - 2 hours until meat thermometer reads 170F. Pour reserved marinade over chicken when serving.
    False
    thanks hobo...I'll try that tomorrow. I'm making myself do something new in this "machine" so that I can say it's worth storing and keeping...

I'll let you know.

Kathy
    False