PCH KITCHEN 9-16-06 | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

PCH KITCHEN 9-16-06

Last post Sep 16, 2006 11:46 PM by Deery . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • PCH KITCHEN 9-16-06
    WELCOME TO THE PCH KITCHEN

Good morning, so good to see you. We hope you'll find the warmth and the friendship here that we have been privileged to enjoy. We have a common bond. We are physically challenged homemakers.

We share affection for one another through compassion, honesty, and most importantly, respect for one another and one another's situations.

We gather here to share information on ways to make our lives easier, to offer support to each other and to share humor and laughter, sometimes tears and always good food.

There is always room in the kitchen for all who would like to join in...So help yourself to a cup of coffee, cocoa, tea or fruit juice. There is always fresh fruit, muffins, coffee cake and cookies....pull up a chair at the old country table and visit awhile.....and remember to tell a friend.

For our old friends that have not been by for awhile, we hope you will drop in and let us know how you are doing.

OUR DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN
    False
  • RE: PCH KITCHEN 9-16-06
    Hope I didn't open the door and somebody else had already done it. I found this back on page 5 and decided it was time to open up.
    Hope you all slept well and are feeling frisky today.
    It's 81 outside and kind of muggy, think we might get some more rain today.
    Other than cleaning out a closet today there is nothing special going on. Neither one of us have worn any of the clothes in that closet for the 2 years we have lived here so out they go!
    If anyone would like to help clean I'll supervise...any takers?
    Beth
    False
    Good morning Beth,
    not much going on here in Edgar today, Beth I wiuld come help you with the closet but after helping with that house for the last two weeks I think I will pass on that and let someone else help(like Lisa,or Nancy or Connie or just any one but me lol)
    I really feel like going back to bed but this is the day of the week I go have breakfast with our mayor and his wife (we all been friends for 25 years) aand she works durning the week so we meet on Sat. for breakfast.
    I thinks I got my new e-mail out to everyone but if I missed some one that wants it it is ruthmacatcenturyteldotnet
    this one is working much better. well guess I had better fo get dressed can not go to Town Cafe like this (oh but PJ's fell so good this morning) will do my best to check back later on filling the basket up again with prayers and hugs for anyone that wants or needs them.
    Ruth
    False
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal Love leaves precious Memories no one can steal God Bless our Troops and emergency workers.
    Good Morning Beth, Ruth and to all that drop in today...do hope that each one of you rested well last night.
    Beth we are having the same type morning to wake up to. It was 80º when we woke up at 4:30 this morning. And muggy as all get out. Those nights in the 60's really spoiled us there for a few days. I need to do the same thing to my linen closet thats in the hall. Not cluttered, just full of things that are not being used. Such a shame when there are things that others may need so really should get on the ball and clean it out. My excuse has been no place to lay the stuff without going down the hall to another room...now isn't that lame.*sigh*
    Ruth enjoy your breakfast with your friends this morning. How lovely to have long times friends to meet and visit with.

Not sure what today will bring here. Don't think any of the kids will be coming this week end so Bill and I will most likely just kick back and do our own thing.

Wishing all a lovely weekend and sending hugs, prayers and best wishes to all.

~Nancy~
    False

Blessed are those that can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

Good Morning ladies, prayers for those who need them. I'm cleaning the kitchen pantry, must be closet cleaning for many of us it seems. Hope everyone has a enjoyable weekend. Kerry will be pulling in later this evening from his trip, told him I would make homemade fried chicken tenders, easy enough to heat up. SYL........ Connie
    False
    Good morning all! Must be cleaning out closet day. I've been putting it off for so long. My only mission is to just get the kitchen cleaned up. Last night made ribs and hot wings for Dave today since he has to sit at work all day. The big Notre Dame game today and God forrbid anyone drops a call! So he and a few others have to sit at cell sites to make sure nothing crashes. So he wanted goodies to have to eat. Missy and I may go pop in for bit. Maybe find something sweet to whip together to take to him. Guess I better get busy here. HOpe everyone has a great day!

d.
    False
    Good morning all. : )
    Nice day out, here in Virginia, fall is definately in the sir.

Now Ruth...you KNOW I do NOT do house work!! Don't go hiring me out, not even for kookies, do I do house work...LOL.
    But speaking of kookies...I think I saw where there were some a couple of times this week mentioned........

Beth, I wish you wouldn't talk about closets...it might make some of us feel guilty.....*snicker*

Connie, did you get any lil dolls made? Oh I have such big holiday sewing plans for my kids.....I think my plans are bigger than I can do though, so I am hoping to at least get DD in the UK something made since she is so far from home.

Nancy, my "storage", since the kids moved out in Jan. has been the guest bedroom bed which is about to be taken. DS is moving into an apartment (he has been living with DD since moving back here a few months ago while he looked for his own place). He decided to leave most all his furniture and stuff for his 2 room mates in Ohio because it was just more expensive to rent a moving truck than the stuff was worth, so he is pretty much atarting over.
    So I have been sorting stuff this week, finding new homes for most...Goodwill has quite a few bags of things from my house...LOL.
    I shudder to think of the closets, though!

Dee...hop on across to my house with those goodies and we'll let the furbrats play... :D
    Dave doesn't need any sweets, he is sweet enough...I on the other hand, have been a lil less than my usual honey sweet angel self lately, so can use all the sweet help I can get.....*giggle*

False
    *snicker*
    Please ignore the typos.....*G*
    Ruth forgot to proof read my post for me.....*giggle*
    False
    Good Day in the Kitchen, Hello Beth, Ruth, Nancy, Connie, Dee, Lisa and rest of gals that stop by. Cool today. I mean another cool day. Wonder if our warm weather is over with:(

Did someone mention cleaning. Ugh! Maybe I should go back to bed. No, bed at night is enough for me. I get rid of mine things but DH collects more to take up the space so we make no progress. lol

Hope each of you can put some fun in your weekend. Lets see what could that be?? Will have to give that some thought.

Sending good thoughts and prayers. ^j^
    Hugs
    Deery
    False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

hi, why are ya'll hiding back on page 5?
    just got through making a chocolate pie for a friend I said over a month ago I would make her one so thought I best get it done.
    Lisa, I really thought you would ne the best one to send to help with the cleaning, and I will really try harder next time to proof read what you are posting next time. lol
    was going to rest today but that did not happen .Rose called and said she was going to Licking so I just had to go to then lunch with the mayor (and his wife) instead of breakfast. then as I started to leave the cafe here comes Rose with her DGD so I had another glass of tea with them. noe another friend wants me to join her at the cafe later for the taco bar. and since it is food how can I not go? and I do have to take this chocolate pie this evening. well got to run again for now. where is the rest of our group the last few days?
    Ruth
    False
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal Love leaves precious Memories no one can steal God Bless our Troops and emergency workers.
    Hi Ruth, seeing you are off to here and off to there and eating here and eating there. Sounds like fun day to me. Guess we could learn from you. Huh?

DH brought home bbq sauage hotdog for our lunch after DGS soccer game. Yumm! Guess Market is still having Saturday bbq. That was my fun for the day. lol

Keeping Charli in prayer.
    ((((Charli))))))

And ((((((Christine))))))
    False

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

uppidy up for Nighty Nights. *smile*
    False

Wishing all a restful night of sweet sleep that eases pain and restores the body.
    Night!
    ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    False

The singing in god's acre

Out yonder in the moonlight, wherein God's Acre lies,
    Go angels walking to and fro, singing their lullabies.
    Their radiant wings are folded, and their eyes are bended low,
    As they sing among the beds whereon the flowers delight to grow,--

"Sleep, oh, sleep!
    The Shepherd guardeth His sheep.
    Fast speedeth the night away,
    Soon cometh the glorious day;
    Sleep, weary ones, while ye may,
    Sleep, oh, sleep!"

The flowers within God's Acre see that fair and wondrous sight,
    And hear the angels singing to the sleepers through the night;
    And, lo! throughout the hours of day those gentle flowers prolong
    The music of the angels in that tender slumber-song,--

"Sleep, oh, sleep!
    The Shepherd loveth His sheep.
    He that guardeth His flock the best
    Hath folded them to His loving breast;
    So sleep ye now, and take your rest,--
    Sleep, oh, sleep!"

From angel and from flower the years have learned that soothing song,
    And with its heavenly music speed the days and nights along;
    So through all time, whose flight the Shepherd's vigils glorify,
    God's Acre slumbereth in the grace of that sweet lullaby,--

"Sleep, oh, sleep!
    The Shepherd loveth His sheep.
    Fast speedeth the night away,
    Soon cometh the glorious day;
    Sleep, weary ones, while ye may,--
    Sleep, oh, sleep!"

Eugene Field

False