The best brand of dill pickle? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

The best brand of dill pickle?

Last post Feb 15, 2004 7:41 AM by Ludy68 . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • The best brand of dill pickle?
    I can't seem to find a good dill pickle anymore! What brand do you think has that old fashioned dill pickle flavor? Most stores only carry Vlasic. I used to love Del Monte brand but I don't see them anymore on the store shelfs. Did Vlasic buy them out?
    False
  • RE: The best brand of dill pickle?
    I like BestMaid
    False
    Is tha the brand that is made in Mexico?
    False
    i you can find a brand called deep south dill pickles they taste like the old fashioned ones. you can get them at a winn dixie if you have one in your area. i have not found any at walmart worth eating. they used to sell a rainbow brand that was real good.
    False
    Definitely Clausen.
    False
    I buy hamburger chips now, because my store stopped carrying Del Monte dills...and I don't like Valasic...
    so I buy the chips, as they mostly all taste good...and I do not like kosher.....
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

Bicks ...make good pickles.

Maybe they only have them in Canada eh?
    False
    My absolute favorites are the Claussen's for the crunch and garlicky taste to them. Vlasik would be 2nd choice. =)
    False

We love Gedneys but our all time favorite is Milwaukee's Baby Kosher Dill Pickles (Wisconsin's Hometown Favorite)......... They are delicious!!! DeeDeeBird of MN
    False
    I love "Best Maid" POLISH dills...they are hand packed..be sure and chill before serving...they are made in Ft. Worth, Tx...NOT Mexico...they are crunchy!!! My favorite...found at Walmart!
    False
    ATTN DeeDeeBird, I am originally from Hibbing MN and my cousin lives in Prescott WS right across the river from Hastings MN. Her and her husband are coming out to NM at the end of March for a visit. I will have her bring me a jar or two. Thanks
    False
    bump
    False
    I've had the Milwaukee Baby Dills (so good) and tried like crazy to find them somewhere else. I saw them in Syracuse New York and got some...but guess what!!! That brand is owned by Vlasic and they make them with that label. I was shocked!!!! I had found an 800 number some where and called to get them stocked in our stores and that's what I was told.
    False
    ATTENTION LUDY68:
    We actually used to live in Hastings, MN and we have relatives living in Hastings yet. We have been to Prescott several times. I used to work at the hospital in Hastings in Medical Records and before that I worked at the Mississippi Belle (after high school graduation).... What a coincidence!!!! We then decided to go back to our home town in Bellingham, MN..... where we are now, near the Big Stone Lake (SD border). Have a nice Valentines Day!
    Dee
    PS: I am sure you will enjoy the pickles..... we sure do!!!
    False
    ATTN DeeDeeBird, Oh my gosh, my favorite aunt that passed away last year was from Hastings and was big in community service. She volunteered at the Regina hospital where they had a nursing home. I bet that is where you worked, there at Regina. She lived just a few blocks from the Mississippe Belle. We ate there once when my aunt and uncle that live in Arden Hills came and took us there for lunch. Nice place. You know where the falls (Can't think of the name of the little river) are down by the Dairy Stop(they sell milk and ice cream cones, right across the street from that neat old mansion that I think they made into a museum) anyway my aunt lived on Ramsey street one block over. We would walk over to the falls and enjoy all the little trails. I LOVE that little town. My cousin lives in Prescott and I love the lake area right there near downdown Prescott. My cousin that lives in Prescott is the one that is coming out the end of March to see us and I will ask her to pick up a jar of the pickles because now I am curious as to how they taste. It was so nice talking to you and I hope you are having a wonderful Valentines Saturday! :O) Boy, isn't it a small world!!!!!!
    False