Sprite Biscuits | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Sprite Biscuits

Last post Sep 26, 2006 6:18 PM by TriainAtlanta . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Sprite Biscuits
    SPRITE BISCUITS

Serves: Makes 12-15 (depending on thickness)
    Effort: easy
    Comments: Jim said this is his favorite biscuit. They are very light. This recipe is posted in the May/June 2004 issue of Quick Cooking pg. 49. Below I will send the version that Quick Cooking put in.
    Published in the 2005 Quick Cooking Annual Cookbook pg. 157

I make these with lite sour cream and diet sprite and you can tell no difference at all. I do NOT care for the low-fat biscuit mix though.

INGREDIENTS:
    4 c. Pioneer biscuit mix (or Bisquick)
    8 oz. Sour cream
    1 c. regular Sprite

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Mix Sprite and sour cream. Add biscuit mix gradually.
    Roll dough on floured surface and cut with a biscuit cutter.
    Bake 20 minutes @ 400º

“The trouble with making mental notes is that the ink fades so fast”
    False
  • RE: Sprite Biscuits
    False
    I have been making these biscuits for years and must agree that they are delicious! Lots of people say they are the clone to Popeye's biscuits. There are several recipes going around. Some of them also use 7up, reg. or diet and you can also use just plain club soda. They are so easy to make and they're great!
    Lynn
    False
    I saw the recipe on here a while back, tried these biscuits and fell in love with them. Since I am dieting and have lost 90 lbs on my own since Jan 1 of this year, I make mine with the diet soda and light s.cream and can have 1 for breakfast with 1 slice bacon, or lite ham in the morning. They are filling and it stays with me. I have them at least 3 mornings a week. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.
    False
    These look good, I will have to try them. Thanks guys!

pat e :}
    False
    Pat E
    My husband hates sour cream and/or cream cheese. Will he know it's in the biscuits?

False
    Have you ever tried these biscuits ast drop biscuit? Do you think they would work out ok?

Awal
    False
    It does work well with the diet soda and the lite sour cream.

I don't taste the sour cream, myself.
    False
    My husband doesn't like sour cream but you can't taste it in baked goods. I frequently substitute low fat plain yogurt for sour cream in many recipes. Have never been able to tell the difference.

Tria
    False
    Tria