???Angel Food Cake and Cherry Pie Filling | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

???Angel Food Cake and Cherry Pie Filling

Last post May 31, 2013 10:55 PM by staceyk . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • ???Angel Food Cake and Cherry Pie Filling
    I just read a post with Angel Food Cake combined with can of pumpkin puree and baked in 13/9 pan. Do you think I could mix Cherry Pie filling with an Angel Food Cake mix and do the same??

I'd like to get rid of them both at the same time.

Barb
    False
  • RE: ???Angel Food Cake and Cherry Pie Filling
    I made the angel food cake/blueberry pie filling one this summer. I gave the recipe to a gal at Curves. She told me she used angel food cake and cherry pie filling instead. Said her DH really likes it. Also said the cake is a pretty pink.

I say go for it! Carol
    False

Carol

Carol

I hope you see this one--Thanks for answering. Tell me how you did it. Did you just mix the pie filling in with the cake mix and cook it. the person who did pumpkin puree just did that, but I wonder if you made the cake using the directions and added the pie fllling.

Barb
    False
    Angel Food Cake Endless Possibilities

Serves: 12 / Points: 3, unless otherwise noted

1 box Betty Crocker (1-Step) angel food cake mix
    *see variations below*

Mix the angel food cake mix and desired flavor ingredients together and beat by hand until blended. Pour into ungreased 9x13 pan (or muffin tin) and bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes (muffins bake 15-18 minutes). Cool upside down for best results.

Lemon -- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp lemon juice and 2 tsp grated lemon peel

Orange Citrus -- 1-1/4 cup water and 2 tsp grated orange peel

Cherry -- 1 can (20 oz) light cherry pie filling

Black Forest -- add 1/2 cup cocoa to Cherry version

Cotton Candy -- 1 small pkg (3.4 oz) sugar free flavored gelatin, any flavor, 1-1/4 cup water.

Margarita -- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp water, 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice and 1-1/2 tsp grated lime rind

Pineapple -- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in juice

Pineapple Frosting -- Mix together 1 container (8oz) Cool Whip Light, 1 small package sugar-free, fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix and 1 can (15 oz) crushed pineapple, mostly drained. Points per frosted piece of cake = 4.5

Pina Colada -- add 1 Tbsp coconut extract (and 1 Tbsp rum extract) to pineapple directions

Pumpkin -- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin, 3/4c water, 1T vanilla & 1T pumpkin pie spice (or spices below)

Spiced -- 1-1/4 cup water, 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp ground cloves

False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose
    Thanks plumcrazy. Does it come out like a cake or a dessert?
    False
    Do you just put the angel food cake mix in a bowl and just add the cherry pie filling and nothing else?

I will try some of the different ones that are listed. Thanks
    False
    I made the cherry and pineapple ones but I did them in the angel food pan. It is like fruity angel food.
    False
    To everything there is a Time, Season and Purpose
    I've made this with a can of lemon pudding in an 11X15 pan, sprinkled with powdered sugar. Really good - like angel food cake. I've wondered about using other pie fillings. Thanks for the suggestion! (I just mixed the pudding with the mix and spread it in the pan.)

Betty
    False
    ~Betty~ Photobucket
    Bosox wondering if you made the cake and how you liked it. The cherry combo would be great for Valentines Day.

Zakon, yes you just mix the 2 ingredients and bake it. I did the blueberry one in a 9x13 pan. I baked it about 55 minutes. Carol
    False

Carol

I won't be trying this for awhile because my grandson's birthday is coming up and I don't think he would appreciate this cake--chocolate for him.

As we are both trying to lose weight, this will have to wait a couple of weeks, but I will do a review when I make it.

Thanks evrybody for your suggestions.

Barb
    False
    My DD's made the Black Forest cake last night for dessert. They just loved it! It's almost gone!

Hugs! :) Patty
    False
    sounds great....and easy..will have to give the cherry and pumpkin a try...thanks for the info...
    False

It's not how you start, it's how you end....so end strong!!

Walk yourself strong!!

False

Good Morning

I also want to know if you add the ingredients that are stated on the box and them the add ins??

Or is it just the mix and the add ins

Thanks

Linda

photo 45F235.jpg

False

From everything I've read, you don't mix the cake mix as directed on the package, Linda-you mix the DRY cake mix with the canned pie filling ONLY and bake it in a 13x9-inch pan according to the temperature and time on the angel food cake mix box.

I've never made this cake but have seen the recipe around a lot-like HERE

Hope that helps,

Carol

False